nonabelle

CHEAP WEEDING TOOLS

I found this weeding tool at Wally World to.. its works then all the other tools don't.. :huh:

thanks a lot man. i usually don't go to harbor fright cause the stuff breaks after wards, but this looks like a good buy.

thanks again.

35 years ago I did a lot of leather carving, and used a Modeling tool from "Tandy Leather" and have been using it for weeding for about 20 years now.  On reading this thread I went to Tandy's site to see if they were still available, yes there still around, but the tool has changed just a little.  I use it to hold down the very small pieces while I weed around them. The small end is ideal for holding even the smallest dot, small fonts etc. onto the backing paper while you weed.

Here's the current Modeling Tool:

http://www.tandyleatherfactory.com/search/searchresults/8039-01.aspx

I just use my xacto to weed.  I probably don't weed enough vinyl to appreciate a good weeding tool though.

I once saw (I think I did anyways, haven't been able to find it since) a weeding tool that, from what I recall was probably some type of hand cranking device that weeded the vinyl for you.  The image showed it weeding some around some letters and it looked "ok"  I wouldn't imagine it would be good for anything very detailed or intricate.  Does anyone know what I am talking about?  Like I said, it's been months since I thought I saw it, I cannot find it in any of the catalogs/websites/forums anything.

I just use a hobby knife? when it gets dule stick in a new blade. I find that to work a lot faster for me. I can stick and flick a lot of stuff out like that. Buy the blades by a thousand and they are pretty darn cheap. My 2 cents.

I picked up this kit on sale for like $9 @ Harbor Freight one day  and I love it!!  Rubber handle knives with anti roll rib on them so they don't wonder all around the table.  The knives are VERY comfortable and solid.  I like the pin inserts that come in the kit, they make awesome weeding tools!  With all the extra handles I have a weeding tool and 2 knives set up.  Pop out the form with the magnets holding all the extra blades you don't need and throw in all the extra packages of new blades to last you a life time!  The case is a solid plastic with rubber coated edges.  I just like that all my tools are in one simple case! ;D ;D

96551.gif

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/Displayitem.taf?itemnumber=96551