jfought

we need a buy, sell, trade section

i think this website needs a buy,sell,trade section. so that all the stuff we have laying around can be turned into MONEY.

That is really against the TOS and forum rules. BUT I don't think Marcus would mind IF it wasn't something that would compete with US Cutter and what they sell,and IF you just said in general terms what you had and asked people to PM you for details. We don't want to turn this into an online classified. That's what ebay and Craigs list are for.

i was only talking about uscutter products. i know we a ll have a used machine of some kind or piece of equipment that we would like to get rid of. i think it would be alright. every forum group i have been on supports the sale of the product the forum is about.

just my .02

i was only talking about uscutter products. i know we a ll have a used machine of some kind or piece of equipment that we would like to get rid of. i think it would be alright. every forum group i have been on supports the sale of the product the forum is about.

just my .02

well,that would be competing with US Cutter. I've seen  posts like that pulled before.

Yeah, it has been discussed before and besides compete with USCutter, it can get them in trouble as unhappy buyers could try to make the USCutter staff responsible for transactions and stuff.

Joe

just about every forum i'm been on has had a buy,sell,and trade section. even my own forum has one.  i think it would be a good idea people could sell of there old cutters, heat presses, vinyl that people have thats  not getting used, blades ect.

Guest fivestar

just about every forum i'm been on has had a buy,sell,and trade section. even my own forum has one.  i think it would be a good idea people could sell of there old cutters, heat presses, vinyl that people have thats  not getting used, blades ect.

This forum is actually a tech support forum for US Cutter's products.  I know we actually "use" it for ALOT MORE then that.  But that's really what it was put here for.

I realize that this is 99% a tech forum. but a buy sell and trade section is basically the same idea as the vinyl swap thread but I think it would be a lot less clutter and confusing in the long term to have it as a buy sell and trade section then all cluttered in one thread (vinyl swap thread)

Guest fivestar

I understand what you're saying and I agree to a certain degree, but I don't think there should be anything that US Cutter sells or has plans to sell allowed to be placed on there. 

yes i agree with that I think it should just be for mostly used stuff. and if someone buys some specialty vinyl for a customer and only used a little of it and has some left over that they don't need they could post it up for sale or trade. or people could post a wtb thread for a piece of vinyl they need and don't want a whole roll of. or sell off there used equipment that they don't want or use. and mabey even a misc. for sale where people could sell off programs or spare computers things like that. but ya no comercial selling

Edit: things like this could be put there instead of being randomly placed around the forum http://forum.uscutter.com/index.php/topic,6871.0.html

I am the only Mod who is here in the night and on weekends. Ken has enough to do and Marcus too. It would be a big job not only to keep an eye on the things that people list for sale, but trying to decide what stays and what doesn't. Mods don't get paid, as some have asked me. Bottom line, Marcus doesn't want people listing used cutters when he is trying to sell new ones. Same for vinyl,heat presses,etc. And I don't blame him.

If someone has something they no longer need, a general mention of it would do.

I appreciate BannerJohn's loyalty and pro-company position.  I don't think that a buy/sell section would be good for business, but I have to recognize the fact that this community has become far more than just a tech support forum and the section would be helpful, so I am going to allow the section on a trial basis.  The rules are as follows:

NO COMMERCIAL POSTS

NO COMPETITORS PRODUCTS

Must be limited to USCutter and related items

Ken, please add the section....

I think there needs to be some rules added to the buy sell trade section like 

All thread titles must contain F/S F/T or F/S/T

You must post a asking price enless its a F/T thread only

And when you sell a item mark it sold so that it can be deleted or delete the post yourself.

If you don't follow the rules your thread will be deleted!!!

I think there needs to be some rules added to the buy sell trade section like 

All thread titles must contain F/S F/T or F/S/T

You must post a asking price enless its a F/T thread only

And when you sell a item mark it sold so that it can be deleted or delete the post yourself.

If you don't follow the rules your thread will be deleted!!!

I think that instead of deleting the thread, it should just be locked.

That way if some one else has a similar item, they will have an idea of what it might bring.