Sign in to follow this  
Combat Corner

Display all black blocks, good power source. Next step? HELP

Just got my plotter today. Hooked everything up and was able to do a test square cut off-line and then actually was able to do a half cut with my older sign cutting software.  The machine was then turned off and an hour later when it was turned back on the display showed all black square and has no comunication or response, I read the trouble shooting in the manual and it says to chack voltage so I tried a couple diffrent outlets and I keep getting the same results.  I know they are good.  What is my next step?  The manual doesn't say anything after that.  I need an answer ASAP, I have jobs that need to be completed

did u check to see if ur carriage is on one of ur kill switches? (one red button on right and left of machine)

Carriage is pressing one of the red "kill" buttons, or one of the buttons is stuck in.

Yes one of the buttons was stuck in.  So that takes care of that. but now I cant get any communication between the plotter and my comp.  like i said it did work for half a cut of what I was doing earlier, so i dont know what I did so it wont communicate now.  I unpluged and replugged the usb in so do I need to go through some sort of reset up procedure?

Yes one of the buttons was stuck in.  So that takes care of that. but now I cant get any communication between the plotter and my comp.  like i said it did work for half a cut of what I was doing earlier, so i dont know what I did so it wont communicate now.  I unpluged and replugged the usb in so do I need to go through some sort of reset up procedure?

did u turn the cutter off then back on. but before u do close the software.

Yes, if it has been unplugged, then SignBlazer probably reset to LPT1 for the OutPut device. Go to Cutter, then Setup to set it back to the correct COM port for your USB cable.