Sign in to follow this  
ff-extreme

Is there a way to do both outline and shadow

Im using flexi 8.1 pro I have text that I want to do a shadow and outline. It seems to cut both items seperate text is pink outline and shadow are black so when I tell it to cut black it cuts both outline and shadow but it treats them as 2 different cuts and screws it all up. Im sure im missing something simple.

I attached a sample of what I want to do

airbrush.eps

airbrush.eps

Guest fivestar

Did you weld the outline and shadow together?

Guest fivestar

Don't weld the text just the outline and shadow, they are the same color correct?  The text is a different color?

Yes the outline and the shadow are the same color black, and the text is a diferent color pink. You can weld by color? How

Ok I see it now! I do belive thats what I want Ill have to cut it in the AM and check. throw a couple reg marks cut the black cut the pink overlay should work! THANKS

Guest fivestar

No prob, one thing I would of done though.  I would of made a filled in outline and layed to pink on top of it.  Trying to butt up vinyl is impossible, because the vinyl will shrink ever so slightly over time and you will see a very small "crack" in between the 2 pieces you butted together.

Thanx for the info. I'm learning Flexi also and haven't had this problem yet, so when I do I'll know how to fix.

Guest fivestar

No prob Knobhill, if you have any questions about Flexi just ask, I'm no Flexpert (pun intented) but I'm not too bad at it either.  :thumbsup:

Ok fivestar thats what I was trying to do what are the steps to do it with the fillid in outline?

Guest fivestar

You do it the exact same way you did your except change to outline to "with backing"  See pic below.

post-0-12986520700043_thumb.jpg

post-0-12986520713156_thumb.jpg

It looks like that option is the red filed in square with the black line and not the square with the white in it?