swaneejuggalo

i think im going to buy the clamshell heat press

I'm thinking of getting one next week anyone have any input on this ill really just be playing around with it nothing too serious but thats also what i said when getting my cutter and im doing 150 decals some weeks any owner input would be great :thumbsup:

Guest fivestar

I don't have any input on the press, but I find it funny how we all buy these cutters to barely use them and then they consume our every waking minute.  Hell for that matter even my sleeping minutes too.  :thumbsup:;D ;D

I've had my heat press for 3 months now. Still haven't used it. I saw all the fun everyone else was having and just had to get one for myself.

I just won one on ebay, I'll let you know.

Good luck with it. Get an Infrared thermometer and check it out real good. Mine is going back  :- I was on a timeline so I found a used Air Waves (rebranded HIX) press locally and it is Awesome. Making Tshirts is lots of fun. Ive had my press less than a week and have done 32 shirts and have a bunch of other stuff lined up. once people find out you have a press they all gotta have something.

Guest fivestar

Isn't that the truth about when people find out you have one.  My t-shirt business is now probably about 75% of my vinyl business.  I didn't like doing t-shirts when I first got my press because it seemed like too many steps to do, but when you start doing them it doesn't really take very long to knock out a bunch of shirts.

If I have the same good luck I've had with my cutters purchased from USCutter, I'm looking forward to being busy with shirts. This would be a good change from hanging off the side of a building or a 53' trailer with a yit load of rivets.

Guest TracMatt

I purchased the clam shell and I think it is a good deal but opening it after setting the pressure correctly is difficult.  I am going to have my husband weld a handle on the bottom of it so there is something to hold onto when opening the top.  Right now if I have the pressure good enough to make the vinyl stick then when I go to lift up the top the entire heat press lifts off the table.  There is no way to hold it down to open the top.  I actually thought my shirt was going to burn up in it because I couldn't get the top opened.

Tracee

I'm thinking of getting one next week anyone have any input on this ill really just be playing around with it nothing too serious but thats also what i said when getting my cutter and im doing 150 decals some weeks any owner input would be great :)

I'm in the exactly the same position as you! My intentions where to use it as my Stencil cutter for airbrushing.. Now I learn I can do Ts too!  :angel: (an idea I've had for awhile)..

I haven't even received my Cutter yet and I have two jobs in waiting from family and friends.

The 15x15 USCutter Press is looking good for my next purchase already.

well i looked around and finally ordered a sunie heat preess i've heard some good things about them over at the t shirt forum so we'll see how it works.Now i just need to go through my rc stuff and find my infrared thermometer to check the platen out when it gets here...

well i looked around and finally ordered a sunie heat preess i've heard some good things about them over at the t shirt forum so we'll see how it works.Now i just need to go through my rc stuff and find my infrared thermometer to check the platen out when it gets here...

woot!  Another RC person! 

I can't wait to read a review on the heat press.  Been having my eye on it since i joined this forum.