Sign in to follow this  
Guest fivestar

How to contour cut with Flexi Pro and Refine

Guest fivestar

This is a tutorial on how to contour cut using your Refine series cutter and Flexisign Pro.  I believe it will only work with Pro edition as it needs the rip and print feature that I believe is only available on the Professional edition.  I got mine from a friend who was in the business but got out of it.  Anyways here goes.

1. Open up flexi and whatever file you want to contour cut.

pic1.jpg

2. Select the graphic and click Effects, contour cut.

pic2.jpg

3.You will see a faint cutline appear around the graphic, then go to your design central and set the width you want to cut.

pic3.jpg

4.  After you have that click on print and rip.  Here's where you'll set up your printer if you haven't already set it up with Flexi.

pic4.jpg

5.  Click the advanced tab then the contour button.

pic5.jpg

width=800 height=500http://www.flowerboxx.com/images/pic6.jpg[/img]

6.  You can set your registration marks here and also set it to just print, print and cut as seperate jobs, or just contour cut.  Click done when you're finished.

7. Click the send button and if you have it set up to print and cut, it will start printing on your printer and hold the job in the production manager under your cutter.  Wait until it is finished printing and remove the printed vinyl from your printer and insert it into the cutter putting the first registration mark right under your cutter blade. 

8.  Go to your production manager and click the + beside your cutter and highlight the file there and click the send now (looks like a printer) at top of the prodcution manager.

9.  An interactive window comes up and tell you to move your blade to the first registration mark using the arrows (if you put the first registration mark right under blade click next) then it tells you to do the same with 2nd mark.  Use the arrows to move the cutter blade to the 2nd registration mark, then hit finish and it will tell you to put blade in, which it will already be and hit ok.

That's it, takes about 10 seconds to do once you do it a time or two.  Well takes longer then that for the printing and cutting part.  :thumbsup:;):)

I hope anyone who has Flexisign Pro enjoys and uses this.

Thanx for sharing uncle fivestar. Now Im not sure if I want to send you to the asylum.

That was very helpful and instructive (for those with Flexi Pro).

Joe

Guest fivestar

Uncle Fivestar ;D ;D ;D Yes Joe it's very easy to do, almost makes you want to go out and purchase Flexi Pro until you see the price tab  :thumbsup:;):) I am very fortunate that a friend went out of business and kept his verison and not sold it, then gave it to me.

Guest fivestar

No I really did get mine from a friend.  :o

Well I'm reinstalling Flexi as i type.

Did you see my post in the other "POST" we were talking in?

Eric

David... it seems you have moved or deleted the pictures from your site that you originally posted... think you could updated the post with the pictures again? Thanks!

Guest fivestar

No I can't.......my web host doesn't have the pics on his server anymore and I didn't save them on my machine here locally, sorry.

how do I print to my HP Business Inkjet 2230, I mean how do I get the printer setup in Flexi, i am using version 8.1

Guest fivestar

go into production manager and setup a printer then choose desktop printer.  It must be pro version of flexi.

I've installed flexi pro. I have pcut but it is not on list cutters in flexi so chose roland 1100. (I'm not sure if this is right)

But now when I go to  RIP and Print I can not click on button " Contour"

What I'm doing wrong.

PS

Flexi is totally new to me.

Thanks

Guest fivestar

Sorry neron but the contour feature does not work with a Pcut the way I have explained it.  Someone else on here made a driver for it that supposedly works.  Search the forum, I can't remember where it was on here, but I know I seen it on here somewhere.

I did a test print on paper, then loaded it into the cutter, used the pen & it worked perfect, per your instructions.  I did have to enter in the coordinates, as the nudge buttons gave inconsistent results, I aligned the first mark, then entered the location of the second, bingo, perfect line around the printed graphic.

THANKS

;D

:lol: :laugh: :);D:angel:

I just did everything from instructions (change values for drivers) but still I can not use Contour button in the  RIP and PRINT /advanced.

As I said I'm tottali new to Flexi.

What I 'm missing?

Guest fivestar

neron, not for sure.  Are you now using the driver stated in the other thread?  You would no longer use the roland driver (which isn't correct for pcut anyways).  I'd almost reply in that thread or PM the OP of that thread.

Yes I'm using new driver (not The roland one)

I'm posting a few pics. of set up I have .Maybe you can tell me what is wrong

post-2556-12986530602663_thumb.png

post-2556-12986530603238_thumb.png

post-2556-12986530603734_thumb.png

post-2556-12986530604235_thumb.png

post-2556-12986530615472_thumb.png

post-2556-12986530615867_thumb.png

post-2556-12986530616242_thumb.png

post-2556-12986530616726_thumb.png

Guest fivestar

Are you putting a contour around it like this?

post-0-12986530605048_thumb.gif

post-0-12986530617109_thumb.gif