Sign in to follow this  
stickyxpressions

Settings, Baud, Copam, Keyspan, Mac OSX

I am on a mac powerBook G4 and also an iBook G4, no intel and Mac OSX 10.4.9. the ploter is the copam. i am using signCut x2-PE and i have used both the USB/Serial Converter that was provided and i bought a Keyspan converter as well. the Keyspan was recomended by Apple Stores and Comp USA as well as the place that I downloaded the driver for the provided converter. with the original converter i couldn't get any communication to the plotter. i would send the file and no budge or anything from the plotter. sounds familliar with a lot of users. as soon as i used the Keyspan i got communication. a good sign but still having problems. i got some strange cuts that i couldn't figure out. look at attached files. i have so many questions and i am going nuts its been 3 long months of nothing and i am upset. here are my questions.

1.) i recieved a small disk with the plotter that my computer cannot read. it said it has drivers on it. my question is there a plotter driver or is there just the USB/Serial Drivers. if there is a printer/Plotter driver that i am not running let me know. willing to try anything.

2.) Am i running the corect sign cut for the mac I am using and the copam.

3.) I have turned down the baud to 4600 i believe (only 1 4500 or 4600). all the machine does after that is move the knife up and down and make a few noises, never cuts anything but after 20 minutes never does anything. thought i would wait at least that long to see if anything happened i have waited longer or just let it set ther but cant remember how long. but i change it back to the 9600 and i cuts but as you can see from the photos it cuts very strange. there is additional cuts insite the image as well as outside. it is as if it is trying to make a curved cut with many striat cuts as possible then it does random cuts as well. the photos of text are one long curve the srait lines are the plotters random the fonts are troy i think and zapfino if wondering. going by what i have told you where sould the baud be set? i also notice that somone had said that there is a setting on the plotter itself for changing the baud. if so where is it on the copam. Again willing to try anything.

4.)i have been to the Network settings and checked the port configurations to make sure they are on or checked and used correctly. they change acording to the USB port you use on you computer, if you have more than one usb port. and i do change them accordingly in signcut under device to the corect port used. as for the "Cutter" window what are the settings needed to run correctly. as per the hanshake and blade offset. etc. Also what sould be the correct settings for the "settings for cutting" window.

I am willing to do anything to get this plotter up an running. i just want to fix the problem and get going. please help. Anyone.

post-378-12986512273327_thumb.jpg

post-378-12986512280613_thumb.jpg

post-378-12986512304398_thumb.jpg

post-378-129865123205_thumb.jpg

SignCut has just released a new version of SignCut for Macs. It can be downloaded from www.sc-x2.com

Just go to customer login, and then once logged in, go to downloads.

SignCut says this new version addresses several issues with Mac users.

Hmm, that is strange cuts ...

I am using Dual G5 mac, and only problem i had when i got ploter it did weird lines for me, so keyspan fixed that problem and now i am cutting and making money !:D

On the topic.

What i would do first, is try test mode on the cutter, if that works, cuts round in a square  pressid t next step.

Next i would cut the copam graphic wich is memoriezd in the plotter. Check your manual for Self-Examination, it will tell you how to . If thats cuts as it should, then i would check for connections. Make sure you plug your keyspan, and usb side right into usb port on dektop, not monitor or fron usb port, but the back one. Again, make sure connections all secured.

Then, make sure your software (sign cut ) is regestered and not in  demo mode. Download the latest drive from sign cut. That small disk, its not for macs, well yes, but you dont need it.

Then download this file http://www.divshare.com/download/360667-eca Thats bull eye graphic. To make sure you ploter cuts right, use tat graphic, i used it, and that is clean file, clean cut.

You didnt include whitch program your using to do your graphics, in my case i use Illustrator, when i am in the program, under file at the bottom click SEND TO SIGNCUT..

now go to sign cut and import your file. Then try to cut..if that doesnt work, or it cuts bad againg, i would reupload driver, signcut, and see what happens..

it late,  sorry for mispelling..

just my .02

k I am still having problems. i have downloaded the new signcut and regestered it. i sill could not intall the illust. ext. i also printed the bullseye and i cut purfect until at the end of every circle the knife went back and fourth creating a line at the the bottom of every circle. also no one answered the question is there a plotter driver. not a usb driver but like a printer driver. if there is let me know. I am gatering together some screan shots of my settings just to see if there is anything out of place. i want to thank you all for your help it has gotten me a litte further.

shane

Still to me sounds like a bad connection to plotter. I had that same thing, before i got keyspan, right at the end of cut, it made big lines for no reason.

What i installed, there was cd in with signcut, i haven even touch small cd, i used big one, there is many files on it, at first i couldn get it to install, but then i found right file/drive and installed signcut first, then same goes for illustrator plug in.

After that, restart, open signcut, go to prefrences, and make sure your divice conncted right. dev/keyspan 

see attachments

post-330-12986512306842_thumb.jpg

post-330-12986512307052_thumb.jpg

post-330-12986512321633_thumb.jpg

post-330-12986512321664_thumb.jpg

What is your offset setting?  (Try setting to 0 and see what it does....)

I am on a mac powerBook G4 and also an iBook G4, no intel and Mac OSX 10.4.9. the ploter is the copam. i am using signCut x2-PE and i have used both the USB/Serial Converter that was provided and i bought a Keyspan converter as well. the Keyspan was recomended by Apple Stores and Comp USA as well as the place that I downloaded the driver for the provided converter. with the original converter i couldn't get any communication to the plotter. i would send the file and no budge or anything from the plotter. sounds familliar with a lot of users. as soon as i used the Keyspan i got communication. a good sign but still having problems. i got some strange cuts that i couldn't figure out. look at attached files. i have so many questions and i am going nuts its been 3 long months of nothing and i am upset. here are my questions.

1.) i recieved a small disk with the plotter that my computer cannot read. it said it has drivers on it. my question is there a plotter driver or is there just the USB/Serial Drivers. if there is a printer/Plotter driver that i am not running let me know. willing to try anything.

2.) Am i running the corect sign cut for the mac I am using and the copam.

3.) I have turned down the baud to 4600 i believe (only 1 4500 or 4600). all the machine does after that is move the knife up and down and make a few noises, never cuts anything but after 20 minutes never does anything. thought i would wait at least that long to see if anything happened i have waited longer or just let it set ther but cant remember how long. but i change it back to the 9600 and i cuts but as you can see from the photos it cuts very strange. there is additional cuts insite the image as well as outside. it is as if it is trying to make a curved cut with many striat cuts as possible then it does random cuts as well. the photos of text are one long curve the srait lines are the plotters random the fonts are troy i think and zapfino if wondering. going by what i have told you where sould the baud be set? i also notice that somone had said that there is a setting on the plotter itself for changing the baud. if so where is it on the copam. Again willing to try anything.

4.)i have been to the Network settings and checked the port configurations to make sure they are on or checked and used correctly. they change acording to the USB port you use on you computer, if you have more than one usb port. and i do change them accordingly in signcut under device to the corect port used. as for the "Cutter" window what are the settings needed to run correctly. as per the hanshake and blade offset. etc. Also what sould be the correct settings for the "settings for cutting" window.

I am willing to do anything to get this plotter up an running. i just want to fix the problem and get going. please help. Anyone.