Sign in to follow this  
firemalt

Metal sign and frame pricing

I have a co-worker/customer that wants a metal sign with a metal frame for a new construction company that they started. Where can material like this be found to purchase? I guess the pricing for the vinyl work would be roughly the same as pricing for a coroplast sign?

Thanks for any help...

If you're looking for metal materials and whatnot.  You can probably find all that you need at either:

www.mcmaster.com

or

www.metalsdepot.com

You might have to do some work as far as shaping, but the raw materials those 2 places have basically anything and everything.

Andrew

Look around locally for a metal supplier. That way you can see the material in person. In the past I always bent aluminum framework myself unless it was a remote sign, then I just had a metal shop make the frame. McMaster Carr is one of the best suppliers I've dealt with. Next day shipping on specialty parts for custom control panels on sometimes a daily basis for years without an issue.

Does $82.50 sound like too much for a 18" x 24" metal sign and frame?

Material is roughly $45.00

I was going to add half of that price($22.50)

plus $15.00 for the vinyl work(single side).

That seems to be a bit high in material cost for a small sign. I'm used to buying in bulk so I may be wrong.

I PAID 104.00 FOR A ONE COLOR ABOUT A YEAR AND A HALF AGO. THAT WAS THE CHEAPEST I COULD FIND IN MY AREA.

I told him $85 for both sides... we'll see what he says, and I'll post pictures of the finished product if I get the job.