MarcelC

Read this first: Plotter Setup Instructions

Yesterday, I tried a few settings. Right now I set it to .25 for the blade offset and .50 for the overcut. These seems to be the best setting...so I think! I'm still learning about the program and the plotter. I tried offsets of .0125, .0185, and .125 with overcuts double the value of each. Some of the examples I cut either didn't close completely or left peaks. However, I set it at .25 offset and .50 overcut...it looks pretty clean. I'm open to suggestions and explainations. Thanks!

You have made sure the carriage is sitting properly on the tracks as well I assume?

I have had no luck getting my computer with WindowsXP to communicate with the MH365 cutter using any of thel three cables. As well as changing every single combination in the cutter setup in Sign Blazer....and every other thing I've seen in the guides and posted in here.

Hello, I would like to know what you did to get yours working?  I am experiencing the same exact problem.  I have windows XP, and I just took my new MH365 out of the box.  I admit I'm completely new to cutters, so I'm sure there's something I'm not doing right.  I have the SignCut X2 software installed, and I have tried the Serial cable on Com1, which is my preference, and I have tried USB, which becomes Com4.  Depending on the plotter I select in the setup (721 or 365), and what connection I choose, one of two things will happen: 

1) the paper will just spit out, and the cutter will continue to feed until I turn it off.

or

2) I will hear a short click as if the motor was to be engaged, and then nothing.

I have verified that the communication settings are 9600 on the plotter and the software. 

I am using the pen attachment, and simply trying to "cut" the word "Test" on the paper. 

Any advice would be appreciated.

thanks,

Frank

Could be a USB driver issue. Is the bottom of your MH365 black or gold? When the USB driver shows up in SignCut for the Device selection, does it say USB Serial Port, or Cutting Plotter?

It's black.  And the USB drivers show up as Cutting Plotter (com4).  I get the same results if I go directly through Com1 with the serial cable, or LPT1 with the parallel cable.

Ok, I've made some progress.

The problem is within the Signcut-X2 software.  Well, at least the biggest problem. 

I switched to my laptop, since I had no drivers installed on it. 

I installed the included Signblazer Elements software. 

I tried the parallel port, and that didn't work.  I tried the serial port, and that worked.  Woohoo!  My first actual output from a computer.  Then I installed SignCut-X2, and I get the same problem. 

So, I switched back to my main PC, and same results.  Signblaster works, but SignCut-X2 does not. 

In SignBlazer, I am using the following settings:

Refine MH365

Com1: 9600 8 N 1,

flow control: hardware

In SignCut-X2, I have tried the same settings, except under the flow control settings there are four checkboxes:  RTS, CTS, DTR, and DSR.  By default, all but the DSR were selected.

I have tried a few different combinations of these checkboxes, and I either get nothing, or I get the spit the paper out and continuously feed forever deal.

Any idea what these settings need to be, or what may be causing my problem?  The fact that it's working fine in   Signblazer, and not in SignCut is a good sign.  Now I just have to figure this out, because I use Adobe Illustrator, and I need SignCut to take the exported images.

Here are screenshots of the configs for SignBlazer and SignCut:

Signblazer Elements:

sbe1.jpg

sbe2.jpg

SignCut-X2:

scx2.jpg

thanks,

Frank

Looks right for SignCut if you were using the Serial cable, so I am not sure. Maybe something else ont he computer that SignCut is on that is conflicting with it...

The problem is apparently in my PC.  I loaded signcut-x2 on my laptop, and it works fine.  But it doesn't work at all with signcut-x2 using any of the ports from my desktop PC.  That sucks because that's the PC I use to do most of my work.

Hi, please help me,

I have purchased a refine plotter MH-721 from you guys at US Cutter on ebay that came with the signcut software, I have tried using every cable, the lpt, and the usb and com 3 (signcut does not give me an option to select com 1 and I do have a com1, so we tried com 3) , we tried EVERYTHING from the manual, to the user guide and helps guides online and from the cds, every way shape and form that was mentioned to get the program to recognize my plotter and nothing is working. the plotter will run test runs on its own but does not communicate with my computer at all. Do you think something with the ports within the plotter may be not working properly? Please help me, I need to get this thing working. thank you, diana rodrigues

I have a similar problem, but I can't even open or find Signcut on my computer anywhere. I've tried all the different cables, and when I get to where signcut is supposed to open and I can set paramaters in it, I never get it. My device manager lists the cutter as a printer no matter what cord I use. I can draw something in Signblazer, but when it tries to send a cut to the cutter it locks up and says it couldn't transfer the file.

I recently purchased the Refine Eco 28" (through eBay) and am attempting to install SignCut Pro. Unfortunately, I do not see the Eco Series as an option for the cutter setting. I have installed the drivers that came with the machine with no issue.

I'm on Windows Vista, USB Connectivity, COM 4.

What is available for selection:

USCutter Refine MH365

USCutter Refine MH721

USCutter Refine MH1101

USCutter Refine MH1351

USCutter LaserPoint 24

USCutter LaserPoint 36

USCutter LaserPoint 48

Should I select one of these instead? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

hi I have problems whit my cutter mh 871 some one help me please After setting it all up smoothly, installing the USB driver and program I did a test whit the pen and the computer send the info to the cutter and the cutter start working but dont do the design just start drawing like crazy and what Draw doesn't make any sense

Hi

I have an mh721 mk2 connected via usb (no serial adapter installed), just wondering if i slow the baud rate rate in the port settings will this slow the rate of data being sent to the plotter and enable it to do more complex designs? also if i slow the baud rate in the port settings do i need to lower the baud rate on the plotter? both plotter and port baud rates are set to 9600 at present.

hi I have problems whit my cutter mh 871 some one help me please After setting it all up smoothly, installing the USB driver and program I did a test whit the pen and the computer send the info to the cutter and the cutter start working but dont do the design just start drawing like crazy and what Draw doesn't make any sense

I had the same problem with my mh721, i sent a video to the place i brought it from, turned out the motherboard was screwed, i was pissed as i had to wait another week before i could use the damn thing

Hi

I have an mh721 mk2 connected via usb (no serial adapter installed), just wondering if i slow the baud rate rate in the port settings will this slow the rate of data being sent to the plotter and enable it to do more complex designs? also if i slow the baud rate in the port settings do i need to lower the baud rate on the plotter? both plotter and port baud rates are set to 9600 at present.

The last I ever read the set up instructions for the MH MK2, the baud rate is supposed to be 4800