Sign in to follow this  
go10go4

Conversion from CorelDraw

Bruce,

I'm having problems with graphics created in Corel. I often have to create "line art" in Corel for objects which don't convert to vector format, or which are very complicated and need to be simplified. I trace around these objects and then import the lines into SB. But when I save them and import into SB the lines are usually doubled, whether I created them in hairline, 1 pt., 2 pt., etc. All the lines are doubled and the cutter cuts double lines. Sometimes the lines are also cut at random lengths; in other words, the lines are doubled and also cut into many pieces, which makes weeding almost impossible. I'm inclined to think the software is interpreting the lines are multiple nodes lines, but that isn't the case. What's the secret to getting single lines from Corel?

Larry

Guest fivestar

I always make sure I convert anything to curves before I export it from corel.  I don't use SignBlazer though.

I may be wrong, but I don't think SB is gonna cut a "line", you have to have a closed vector image, and anything you export from Corel, has to be converted to curves, and I don't think it's gonna do a line. Might work for printing, but I don't know if it will work for cutting. How would one weed a hairline? If it's an eight point line, or something, that'll work.

Thanks for the replies.

I converted to curves, but it still double cuts any lines. BTW, you can weed hairlines very easily, so long as they aren't cut into multiple sections. That's where I was having problems. SB was tending to double line at the same time it was cutting the lines into multiple sections. That became very tedious.