some more plate frames

post-0-12986520558809_thumb.jpg

post-0-12986520560134_thumb.jpg

post-0-1298652056156_thumb.jpg

post-0-12986520573902_thumb.jpg

post-0-12986520575108_thumb.jpg

post-0-12986520576315_thumb.jpg

Guest stunad, jr.

very nice where do you buy your blanks ive been looking for a good place to get some i found this site but don't know if it's the best price i could get..

http://www.licenseplateframes.biz/blank-license-plate-frames.htm

Thanks Mang!

I get them from dealerplates.com.  800-528-2426  The guy who answers the phone is cool ( I talk to kevin) they take paypal and I usually get them within 4-5- days.  They are a dollar a piece for a box of 250 in which is the minimum (I think). 

Guest stunad, jr.

How long where your cuts?

I see you cut a bunch of the decals out at once, just wondering how long the total run was.

I took the cutter(ct630 pcut) less than an hour to cut 200 of them(100 tops and 100 bottoms).    oracal 651, 60 cut speed, 100 pressure.  About 4 hours to weed, mask & transfer, box and ship.  Lets say 5 hours total labor.

From the pictures, it looks like you got the red and white on the same backing before applying any transfer tape.  What method did you use?

From the pictures, it looks like you got the red and white on the same backing before applying any transfer tape.  What method did you use?

in for an answer on that one...

Guest Terry

Excellent work, lots of work.... ;):lol:

Lot of work doing those. Great patience!

Guest stunad, jr.

krylon is amazing sometimes....

cut the pattern first.   

mask, spray...wait 4hrs.  spray again 2nd coat.

this paint will NOT remove from the vinyl (oracal 651 white) unless you use a razor blade with brute force! even then you are cutting into the vinyl!

I know there are other ways of doing it,  but this was a "cost effective" approach.  I was'nt making much on them.  They were happy, I am happy and discovered spraypaint is cool.  I tried painting the vinyl before cutting but was getting white outlines (no good).  Spraying after cutting made the paint seep into the cuts and made them look nice.