Sign in to follow this  
firemalt

Difference in clear app tape?

I'm looking to purchase some clear app tape for some multi layering jobs I have coming up, and I know I wouls like to stick with R-Tape brand... but I'm curious what's the difference between the AT-42 and the AT-60. They are both medium tack tape. The price between the two at the size I need in the Fellers catalog is less than $2.00, but the AT-42 is for a 50yrd roll, and the AT-60 is a 100yrd roll.

Thanks for any info...

AT-42 is designed to prevent tunneling and edge curling, while AT-60 is not.  I have a roll of AT-60 and it works great!

I'm not too worried about tunneling, cause the decals shouldn't ever be bent or rolled.

Have you had any issues with the edges curling up on you with the AT-60?

Good info, I've always used R-Tape and also looking for alternatives for my shop. I'll give those a try. Thanx

Bought a roll of AT-60 from Fellers yesterday... 15" x 100 yards for $33.00

Working on an order today, so I'll post my impression of the product later tonight.

Guest sciondrgn

Ive been using some of the Rtape clear and it s worked well for me!

me and my wife are new to all this but when we bought our used pc630 it came with some vinyl and 2 rolls of At-60 and we really like it. we also have purchased a roll of At-42 and they told me that it was really great if you have to conform to surfaces.  i really like this stuff

just my .02

Well... I finished mt job and I must say, if you've been holding off on purchasing some clear app tape for multi layered decals... do yourself a huge favor and buy some! I was able to do 25 - 3" x 8" two layer decals within 15 minutes(apply app tape, and layer).

The nice thing about this stuff, other than it's completely clear, is that it's much more rigid than regular app tape, which I learned helps when layering. Also, there doesn't seem to be an issue with edge curling. But with that said, it doesn't seem to be as tacky as regular app tape, so doesn't like to stick to the vinyl backing all that well. Overall, from this one job... I'd give the product a 7.9 out of 10... worth the $33 bones for 100 yards.

But with that said, it doesn't seem to be as tacky as regular app tape, so doesn't like to stick to the vinyl backing all that well.

The AT-60 is a medium tack tape.  RTape does have a high-tack tape (although I have not tried it);  It is ClearConform 2576.