Sign in to follow this  
CATWOM1960

Can I use any other program

just was wonderning if I could use any other program to make signs or lettering and then have my cutter cut it

Im not to big on using the artcut that came with my cutter it is not very user friendly I hate having to convert from MM to Inch

Bonnie

Hello, as long as the program has a Roland PNC 1000 driver or Refine MH721 (DMPL) driver then the program should work.

Most people use Signcut or Flexi.

Me I'm Using Winpcsign for 5 years now. I tried other software but I thing  this one is the better solution. I have the pro version and I'm able to vectorize Image in few sec. You can also create correct you vector and cut it after easily.  The software is easy to learn even got training cd. Check on signmax site to got the price for Sign making software

I'd be very careful in what you buy.

I bought a $1300.00 program (Glass Eye) and It won't plot right. The Plotter seems to have it's own configuration going. It doesn't meet the normal standards.

The software company is trying to work with US Cutter to correct it right now but can't seem to get anyone to tell the software company more detail on the plotter.

It is up to the software developer to make sure the software works with all cutters.Not the other way around.

Are you talking about the Glass Eye program that is meant for stained glass design? Or is there another one of the same name?

I spent a considerable amount of time on the glass eyes site,reading about what it can do. I couldn't really find any indication at all that it was a cutting program. It seemed to be more of a design program,though it listed a printing option. Printing,of course,is not even close to the same as cutting.If it allows you to save your designs as a cuttable vector format (.eps) then you should just do so,and import the .eps into whatever cutting application software came with the cutter and go from there.

Of course,I'm not exactly sure of what you are wanting to do.

Actually the program at the advanced level supports both hpgl and dpgl formats and should be able to send directly to a plotter. I toyed with this program a while back and never purchesed it or evaluated a full version so I am sorry I can not trouble shoot it from here but based on their help files it should be a simple setup. You most difficult thing will be the cable conection - I am not sure if it will recognize the chipsets in the US CUtters but it should once you have the most current drivers installed.

If you need some help drop me a pm and I will be happy to give it a shot.

I've never been able to get the refine to cut with the generic hpgl or dpgl drivers. Not with Flexi,or several other programs. I'd love to know the process myself.

I'm using a pen in my plotter with glass eye.

I use the plotter for both cutting and print plotting. I have the Glass Eye enterprise Editition and it should be able to do this, but the plotter is have trouble with where the plot should start on the plotter. It also plots everything mirrored.

They say that the X and Y settings are reversed in the plotter and that it's not excepting the DM/PL. Software is on HP-GL but not plotting correctly. see my Glass Eye post for more

Glass Eye doesn't allow me to export or save as a eps. file.

Does anyone know what Sign Blazers Initialization and Termination characters in DM/PL are?

For example Sign Cut uses:

Initialization:

;:H A L0 ECN U V10

Termination:

U F @

But what about SignBlazer.

I want to set Glass Eye to use the same.....maybe it will work?

won't hurt to try. Just copy down the current settings in glass eye in case you have to go back.

CAT....I just want to make it more clear on my saying "be very careful of what you buy."

I purchased Glass Eye, which is a very top of the line program and I have had nothing but trouble trying to get the plotter to work correctly with the software.

I do not feel in anyway that this is any fault of the Software as the software company is and has been working very hard to straighten it out for me.

Glass Eye is Top Notch....my problem is with the plotter and my not being able to get the info concerning the plotter so that the Software Company can adjust the software to accomodate the plotter. The Plotter seems to have it's own configuration going. It doesn't meet the normal standards.

I need to be in contact with someone who knows the plotter and how it is configured so that the software  and the plotter can be configured the same way!

Software - awesome!

Plotter - ? maybe if I could get someone to help!

By the way Banner John, The software company is trying their hardest to fix my problem...the biggest problem is that they can't seem to find anyone who can give them the info that they need concerning the plotter.

So yes, the software needs to be able to work with the plotter.....But in order for that to happen they need to know more about the Plotter! Meaning the plotter company needs to comunicate with Glass Eye so that it can be accomplished.

So finally, in my eye's, the plotter is the problem.