Sign in to follow this  
PrinterCutter

I give up on this Pcut USB deal Worked great for a month

First let me say long time reader first time poster.Cutter was working great for a month off my Laptop and then quit in middle of cutting and can't get laptop or desktop to recognize it again.

Tried 4 different cords (Using USB only thing came with cutter),All of the port settings on SBE

Comps just wont recognize it anymore.I tried everything off every post has to be something stupid I only got to use it for a month been fighting it for over 6 months now I'm ready to throw in the towel.

I am a Screen Printer and got this to go along with the printing would be nice if I could get it to work again.

Any new ideals what happened?

I had a lot of issues with my USB. I think the ports on the cutter motherboard are junk. I went to serial and haven't had a problem. It doesn't sound like that is an option on your cutter. PCut needs to fix their ports or continue to put serial on all of the cutters. There are tons of posts on here about that issue.

The pcut apparently now comes with both USB and Serial. I am not sure if you can order a new motherboard and change it out. I think I read somewhere that you can,though.

Pcut also has a serial port, give it a try. Your plotter should have come with the cable. Seems to be the best fix.

Older models only had a USB port. The Serial is a recent addition.

Thats right John mine is about 8 or 9 months old thats how long I've been going around with this thing except for the first month.

Mine came with a cord that has USB on one end and Device on the other.The cutter itself only has a Device plug on it.

Ken help me out buddy.

John if it gets working I will post what fixed it like you tell everyone.

ok,so yours is one of the cutters sold before they came with serial. I think that Ken needs to weigh in on this one...it could be that the connection itself has gone bad.

Just got off the phone with you and we determined that the USB port was loose, and therefor probably bad. New part being sent.

Yeah I hope it is that port.I got it out and sending it back to you.Keeping my fingers crossed thats what it is.

Kudos to BannerJohn for quick reply and Ken on the super fast Customer Service.

Can't wait for part to get here and see if thats it.

Thanks again

:thumbsup:;D Got the port put it on and comp saw it and started cutting right away.Sent the other one back already you should get it anytime.

Thank You Ken for the SUPER FAST service. ;D ;D