Guest Terry

LONG STRIPE, FLAME AT END

Guest Terry

Anyone found a trick to cutting a 120 inch stripe? It's 3 inch x 120 inch long, starts out at 3 ends at 2 3/4 will not meet the flame that is welded. Don't want to keep ruining that much vinyl, or is that what it takes?

Guest fivestar

Terry post the file if you want and some of us can take a look at it and see if we can help you.

Guest fivestar

Good job Tater, looks like it just needed welded together.

Guest Terry

I welded it in Flexi, If I didn't it would have a cut line at the flame connection. But thats not the problem, I think the vinyl travels or something, the stripe should ONLY be 3 inch high x 192 long. But it strarts at 3 and by the time it gets to the end of the stripe it is about 2 3/4 inches. So I think it is traveling on long straight cuts?

Guest fivestar

Oh now I see what you're saying Terry.  I misunderstood your first post.  I dunno why it would be doing that.  Sorry

I've never been able to cut a stripe that long,the vinyl has to be really straight and track right. I just cut 2 shorter stripes  and overlap. Never had a complaint but that's just on banners, I do know that if you slow it down as slow as you can,sometimes you get better results.

Also,in Flexi,try the panel feature,cut in shorter lengths. I'm not in the shop right now or I would give it a try.

Guest Terry

I forgot to try slowing down, I cut at 12, and 50 on the down force.