Beardown

CNC machine .......

Hi I am looking to buy a CNC Wood & Soft metal router... If anyone has any info or anyplace that has a used one I really apperciate it..... I dont want to spend alot on it maybe up to $2,000....

Please let me know

Thanks

Beardown

They do have a nice effect to a sign.But I don't think I could use one because of the dust.That's what I like about using the vinyl for screen printing.It gives me a chance to do something I did for years,but with a lot less chemicals to breathe.

Ohh as for the dust there is a vaccume hose that hooks to the bottom of the router that sucks up all dust as you runs ....Thats the beauty of this ..NO DUST ! ! :huh::D

Yeah,but it looks like work to me.I can vision it now.You sell a big 'ol hunk of man killin' wood sign to a customer,and they would expect you to hang it.I think the older you get,the less erection work you want to do,both ways!

This one is right up my alley. I have a Techno Isel, LC4896. I also have operational and maintenance expirence on the big ones, like Komo and others.

The Techno has Servo motors, not steppers. They are smoother and more precise than steppers. It has Ball screws. A very accurate and powerfull. It has steel rails and lenier bearings.

What that means is power to cut materials with extreamly high accuracy and repeatability.

We are all aware of bugs and gliches when it comes to machienery. Well in the 4+ years of having my machine I have not had to ask tech support WHY OR WHAT is going on at all!!

The computer interface is easy to run. I would say as easy as a vinyl cutter.

If you want to talk about it send  me an e mail and we can do that.

You can go to my site and see what I do with it. Most of my site is CNC work.

Thanks Cnc,

I definetly will .... I am really excited on getting one ...!!

I don't know about where you live,but around here,you would pay for the machine in 2 weeks. Signs like that are BIG here....very popular.

Most of the signage around here seems to be going Dimensional. My problem is i'm a startup business, even thought I have been using the CNC for a long time. I need to get to the customers. In some of the other forums I have been on, guys are getting from $50 to 150. a sq ft. Most everything is foam board too. It cuts like butter.

Msn that thing is awesome! how much is that thing? I saw the Sears Craftsman Compu-carve in last months Craftman Club flyer for $1699..I thought that was a pretty good deal.

don't bother with The Sears machine. It only cuts what sears has files for. You can not do custom signs with it. When I was at the Sign world Show in Atlantic City the Techno and others were there. A machine like mine, complete with all the bells and whistles was $32,000. and Most of the others started at $30,000. I paid $13,000. for mine .

This is the one I have

http://www.techno-isel.com/CNC_Routers/LC_Series_CNC_Routers.htm 

Once again, if you can get the work, and you charge $100.00 / sq.ft. then when you finish your 10th. sheet of signfoam, its paid for.  :D

I've built 3 CNC routers.  I worked them all.  I charged $60 - $120 per Sq/Ft for a finished sign and $30 per Sq/Ft for just designing and cutting the sign.  I did some subcontracting.  Just make sure your area will support the high costs.  8 of 10 dimensional sign customers went with vinyl instead because they came in thinking they could get a 3x5  gold leafed dimensional sign for $100.  This was in New Hampshire.

I eventually sold the router because to keep it working I would have had to give away my time, and that wasn't going to happen.  I still have a CNC plasma table and occationally do metal signs with it.  I mostly do production contract work with it for other shops though.  It's much easier dealing business to business than dealing with the general public. 

Ross

If you are interested in a low cost CNC machine look into the shop bot.

I have used a 4 x 8 and a 5 x 12 for the past 3 years, they can do just about anything you want for a sign shop.

I have cut MDF letters and sign foam letters plywood plex and thin aluminum plastics and more.

They are built in Durham NC by a guy that wanted to build a boat (thats the story) and the cabinet shops that had a CNC machine wanted to charge him a arm and a leg to cut parts.

http://www.shopbottools.com/

My buddy has had a ShopBot for years and absolutely loves it + the ShopBot folks have a nice forum too.