Benr98

What does your user name mean??

Okay Jenny... I guess I've made you wait long enough.

FireMalt

Fire = my career as a firefighter

Malt = short for maltese cross, which is the badge of a firefighter.

A little history about the maltese cross:

When a courageous band of crusaders known as the Knights of St. John, fought the Saracens for possession of the holy land, they encountered a new weapon unknown to European warriors. It was a simple, but a horrible device of war, it wrought excruciating pain and agonizing death upon the brave fighters for the cross. The Saracen's weapon was, fire.

As the crusaders advanced on the walls of the city, they were struck by glass bombs containing naphtha. When they became saturated with the highly flammable liquid, the Saracens hurled a flaming torch into their midst. Hundreds of the knights were burned alive; others risked their lives to save their brothers-in-arms from dying painful, fiery deaths.

Thus, these men became our first firefighter and the first of a long list of courageous firefighters. Their heroic efforts were recognized by fellow crusaders who awarded each here a badge of honor - a cross similar to the one firefighter's wear today. Since the Knights of St. John lived for close to four centuries on a little island in the Mediterranean Sea named Malta, the cross came to be known as the Maltese Cross.

The Maltese Cross is your symbol of protection. It means that the firefighter who wears this cross is willing to lay down his life for you just as the crusaders sacrificed their lives for their fellow man so many years ago. The Maltese Cross is a firefighter's badge of honor, signifying that he works in courage - a ladder rung away from death.

I just thought you were a fire fighter who made beer in your spare time.

my name comes from my college roommate. We were both graphic communications majors.  We always had friendly competition about our designs and work.  He would always tell me he was " toografik4u" ...like his stuff was better than mine.  We were always like one and two in our classes.  So needless to say but it always stuck with me because it was a witty pun.

I work in the hydraulic field....I work on systems and components and specialize in Piston pumps.  Thus my online name.

gm2k8

gm = game master

2k8 = 2008

it started way back in the early 80s and in arcades.. then i started my own video game business and everyone would call me "the game master".. i had that nickname since the early 80s so i've had it for a long time.. i just change it on forums when i join.. 2k8 is of course 2008 :thumbsup: and yes i am still a gamer after all these years..  but since our baby was born i haven't played much if at all.. i need to finish mgs4 on ps3.. :thumbsup:

Okay Jenny... I guess I've made you wait long enough.

FireMalt

Fire = my career as a firefighter

Malt = short for maltese cross, which is the badge of a firefighter.

A little history about the maltese cross:

When a courageous band of crusaders known as the Knights of St. John, fought the Saracens for possession of the holy land, they encountered a new weapon unknown to European warriors. It was a simple, but a horrible device of war, it wrought excruciating pain and agonizing death upon the brave fighters for the cross. The Saracen's weapon was, fire.

As the crusaders advanced on the walls of the city, they were struck by glass bombs containing naphtha. When they became saturated with the highly flammable liquid, the Saracens hurled a flaming torch into their midst. Hundreds of the knights were burned alive; others risked their lives to save their brothers-in-arms from dying painful, fiery deaths.

Thus, these men became our first firefighter and the first of a long list of courageous firefighters. Their heroic efforts were recognized by fellow crusaders who awarded each here a badge of honor - a cross similar to the one firefighter's wear today. Since the Knights of St. John lived for close to four centuries on a little island in the Mediterranean Sea named Malta, the cross came to be known as the Maltese Cross.

The Maltese Cross is your symbol of protection. It means that the firefighter who wears this cross is willing to lay down his life for you just as the crusaders sacrificed their lives for their fellow man so many years ago. The Maltese Cross is a firefighter's badge of honor, signifying that he works in courage - a ladder rung away from death.

Thanks FM...for finally clearing up the curosity!!!  :thumbsup:

MINE IS BLUE T4  I GAVE MY SELF THAT NAME CAUSE I DRIVE A BLUE DODGE SRT4 IT'S BASICLY A NEON ON STERIODS

Well, the word is probably a pretty good reflection on me, but I got started with cutters/tshirts because I'm way involved with a high school marching band named The Renegade Regiment that I wanted to help with fundraising.  Since my official startup in August, its turned into a side business for me named Renegade Threads.  When its all said and done, I have to give credit for my success mostly to the people that hangout on tshirtvideoforum now like Fivestar.  I started out with the tshirtforums and after reading a bunch of Fivestar's post about the fact that someone could actually cut vinyl with something other than a major investment into a Roland cutter, I ended up here.  I'm pretty busy this fall, but I still come and read a ton of good stuff here and on tshirtvideoforum.com whenever I can.

MINE IS BLUE T4  I GAVE MY SELF THAT NAME CAUSE I DRIVE A BLUE DODGE SRT4 IT'S BASICLY A NEON ON STERIODS

Neon on steriods is exactly what it is!  LMFAO!  Never heard that one before!  Unfortunately, my mother bought my son an SRT after he wrecked his Civic racing!!!  Yeah, go figure!  5 years later, he's a family man going on his second tour of duty to Iraq next month.  What happened to his SRT?  It was traded in for a family truck (prior to the birth of his son) after winning all but one race...and believe me, there were many!  LOL!

Guest oldthredz

FIRST COMPANY NAME WWW.OLDTHREDZ.COM

Mine is simple. I live in South Dakota SD and I am a girl..sdgirl.

Everyone calls me Taz well because they say I look like the cartoon character......lol.

Everyone calls me Taz well because they say I look like the cartoon character......lol.

:thumbsup:

Simple enough...

My name is well, my name. the 06 is just something to add to it.

Everybody tells me I'm an a$$hole

I figured they can't all be wrong so

ace = #1  +  hole 

number 1 a$$hole :thumbsup:

Everybody tells me I'm an a$$hole

I figured they can't all be wrong so

ace = #1  +   hole 

number 1 a$$hole :thumbsup:

Hmmmm...well you don't seem to be one on this forum!  :thumbsup:

I read this thread from the start .... interesting & funny  :thumbsup: . I didn't know that some were so chummy  :thumbsup:

I recently got a new handle .. Mr Karma  ( Mr Peabody , thanks  :D ) & I like it .. Jenny has given me some new names .. but I won't use them  ;D

I read this thread from the start .... interesting & funny  :thumbsup: . I didn't know that some were so chummy  ;D

I recently got a new handle .. Mr Karma  ( Mr Peabody , thanks  ;D ) & I like it .. Jenny has given me some new names .. but I won't use them  :)

lol Rodger, if there is one thing for certain, you make me laugh every day!!  :thumbsup:

Oh Rodger, you are *******!  :D

I read this thread from the start .... interesting & funny  :thumbsup: . I didn't know that some were so chummy  ;D

I recently got a new handle .. Mr Karma  ( Mr Peabody , thanks  :) ) & I like it .. Jenny has given me some new names .. but I won't use them  :)

lol Rodger, if there is one thing for certain, you make me laugh every day!!  :D

Oh Rodger, you are *******!  ;D

Well... since I am Mr Karma now ... that tells you what karma you send my way  :thumbsup: This board is fortunate to have you  :)

:D  Ok Rodger, what do you need?  :thumbsup:

oops...I mean Mr. Karma!  :thumbsup:

LOL ... I already got it !  :thumbsup: