Sign in to follow this  
Guest Terry

HONEY BEE'S

Guest Terry

Went out to the pond this morning and saw this on a branch near pond. All happened with in about 8 hours, not there yesterday. My friend owns a pest control business and I myself am licensed by NYS also so I new what was going on. The queen was thrown out, some workers will follow her, they stop on my tree until they find a new home. I called a bee person ( NOT A PEST CONTROL BUSINESS ) pest control will charge you. Within about an hour I had a crap load of people here wanting them. They said that was about $80.00 in bees and by tonight it will go way up. They took them off the branch and put them in a box hive, tonight at 12:00 they will come get the box with all of them in it.

Any other bee KILL EM... But honey bees... Just make a call and they want them, you WON'T be charged, just don't call pest control.

If it was not honey bees I would have gassed them.  :huh:

post-0-12986520173355_thumb.jpg

post-0-12986520187849_thumb.jpg

Guest kenya

WOW..... that's alot of bees. Do you know if there are any bee keepers close by?

I wonder how far they traveled?

Maybe they can become friend's with the mutant pond lizard?

lol

You will get points from the ladies for not killing them, but slopchops may suggest you should have fried them.

Guest Terry

Awww, cute little worker honey bees with no queen to work for, how sad.

:huh:

lol

You will get points from the ladies for not killing them, but slopchops may suggest you should have fried them.

NO... the queen is under all of those workers, she was thrown out of her original colony hive from some place else. There is another queen in her old hive.

Guest Terry

The new home until midnight to night. Box under same little tree.

post-0-12986520176325_thumb.jpg

post-0-12986520190384_thumb.jpg

The bee population in this country is in serious trouble from some sort of virus. A lot of people don't realize...if the bees go... so do we.

WOW Terry, you have had such a variety of interesting 'bug' happenings this year so far!!  Glad you will be able to save them.  I'm telling ya, just how did you get that queen bee to tell you she was ousted?? Did she give any reasons??  :huh:

Jenny

Guest Terry

The bee population in this country is in serious trouble from some sort of virus. A lot of people don't realize...if the bees go... so do we.

VERY TRUE Banner, there is a mite that is killing all the honey bees.

But what about the other bugs that spread pollen, such as butterflies, etc???

Guest Terry

WOW Terry, you have had such a variety of interesting 'bug' happenings this year so far!!  Glad you will be able to save them.  I'm telling ya, just how did you get that queen bee to tell you she was ousted?? Did she give any reasons??  :huh:

Jenny

I know pest control, and understand why they came to the tree from experience, they would NEVER stay on that little branch for more than two weeks or so, it is a holding ground while others search for the new home, and the new home would have been the farmers barn down the road on a corner peak, I followed the worker bees path as they leave.

Oh Terry, I was just trying to give ya a hard time.....I know you know your stuff!!!!  Thanks for explaining it though.

Jenny

Guest Terry

Oh Terry, I was just trying to give ya a hard time.....I know you know your stuff!!!!  Thanks for explaining it though.

Jenny

Oh, I wasn't being jerky...  :huh: I thought you really wanted to know.

The bee population in this country is in serious trouble from some sort of virus.

I heard something about this a while back...

Terry... good call on your part not to just ax them off, like most people would do.  :huh:

VERY TRUE Banner, there is a mite that is killing all the honey bees.

I think I read a few weeks back thet the federal government (in their most infinate wisdom) is cutting the funding for research on the problem too.

I knew it was a mite but I couldn't think of the word. One of the weird side effect of that stroke that I had. I used to work for a guy who kept bees. He had 6 hives (he called them 'gums') in his back yard. You never saw such pretty gardens in a neigborhood.

Not enough. Not NEAR enough. Our eco-system is delicately balanced,and between natural catastrophies,and man-made ones, things are not looking good.

I hand-polinate some of my plants in the vegetable garden. But I have a small garden.

Guest Terry

Not enough. Not NEAR enough. Our eco-system is delicately balanced,and between natural catastrophies,and man-made ones, things are not looking good.

I hand-polinate some of my plants in the vegetable garden. But I have a small garden.

My wife does that also, you can also graph.

Guest Terry

The bee population in this country is in serious trouble from some sort of virus.

Terry... good call on your part not to just ax them off, like most people would do.  :huh:

But I WILL OFF ANY YELLOW JACKET NEST IN A HEART BEAT!!!!

But I WILL OFF ANY YELLOW JACKET NEST IN A HEART BEAT!!!!

Yellow jackets are mean,vile little bastages whose purpose is beyond me.

Guest fivestar

Their only purpose in life is to sting the h@ll out of you.

Awww, cute little worker honey bees with no queen to work for, how sad.

:huh:

lol

NO... the queen is under all of those workers, she was thrown out of her original colony hive from some place else. There is another queen in her old hive.

Shows you how much I know about bees.....              :-

all you really know is that a honey bee will not bother you unless you bother it I have never been stung by one unless I stepped on it or put mt hand down on it by accident. And I've had them all over me,

Their only purpose in life is to sting the h@ll out of you.

yes,and they will chase you to do it. Try running over an in-ground nest with a lawn mower sometime. It took me 2 weeks to get over that one.

Guest fivestar

Did one better then that.  Try using a cable plow with a vibrating blade on it and running over the nest.  Actually you don't even make it to the nest.  The ground is vibrating so bad from the plow it must scare the sh!t out of them and they attack.  I've had it happen more then once.  Had to leave the plow sit there one day and go get it hours later, needless to say I never turned the "shaker box" on.

Did one better then that.  Try using a cable plow with a vibrating blade on it and running over the nest.  Actually you don't even make it to the nest.  The ground is vibrating so bad from the plow it must scare the sh!t out of them and they attack.  I've had it happen more then once.  Had to leave the plow sit there one day and go get it hours later, needless to say I never turned the "shaker box" on.

I  would have waited a week. Or maybe til it snowed. A bee sting to me means a trip to the hospital.