Sign in to follow this  
Stevi

2 Colors to one app tape

let me set this up for you ... 

TEXT = RED

SHADOW = Black

APPLICATION SURFACE = WHITE

Is there a way to get both these colors onto 1 app tape so application to final media can be done by the customer in one step ?

Are you looking for help with this scenario?  If so...you can go up to youtube and search on 2-color or 4-color vinyl layering and it should come up with some good videos that demonstrate how to do this.

like this?

embed src="

type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

i have done that quite a bit for myself to apply, only i don't use registration marks....havent' mastered that yet...lol  the only thing once in awhile you'll get air bubbles with doing it dry. i have applied them wet without getting the paper wet and sometimes not.  lol  it also saves on app tape doing it that way.  :huh:

lue anne

I use clear backer and tape for this wet. Makes it so easy to align and water doesn't affect it..

Stevi... do yourself a HUGE favor if you plan on doing multi color decals, invest in some clear app tape... it's a WORLD of difference than using the regualr app tape.  :o

I use my light table for smaller stuff. Lay down the bottom layer with no tape, tape the second layer and line it up and hinge it to the bottom layer, remove the paper and squgee it down and trim the edges. Works great!

Let me be the first to say, that red and black do not have the proper contrast to be used together in most cases.

Sure, they look pretty together up close, but from a distance they turn into one and blur out the text/image.

No matter what a customer wants, they don't get black and red.

Red & blue look like purple vinyl once you get about 20ft. away.  :)