Sign in to follow this  
Guest TracMatt

Blade Skipping

Guest TracMatt

I am having trouble cutting heat press vinyl at any other speed other than 30.  I have tried changing everything... down force, blade, tightening blade holder, adjusting blade.  Something is wrong with this cutter I think.  If I cut at anything higher than 30 I get perforated lines instead of a clean cut.  It vibrates too much on the right side of graphics and jumps up and down too much for a clean cut.

Tracee

Almost sounds like you blade is too deep or is not turning in the holder.

Guest TracMatt

Actually there is a whole post on this that I just found.  I tried everything the post said to do and it didn't work.  I put plumbers tape on the thread where the cap goes to stop it from wiggling.  I adjusted the blade again and everything.  Wasted a ton of vinyl trying to get this right.  It isn't working.  The only thing that works is cutting at 30 speed.  When it is cutting it vibrates too much, like it needs a little weight on it to stop it.  Very strange. 

Tracee

I was having a cut problem, cuts would not close. I did everything I could but I didnt fix it. Then I went to my cutting software, SignCut and clicked Settings > Normal sign and it fixed it. I had something else selected.

Guest TracMatt

Thanks Joe,

Let me try that real quick.

Tracee

Guest TracMatt

I'm not sure where you are talking about.  I go up to settings and I don't see any place to click normal.  If I go into setup it says normal, clockwise or counter clockwise.  Is that where you are talking about?

Tracee

Here is a picture. It is for signcut X2.

I dont know for other programs.

Joe

post-1068-12986520171147_thumb.jpg

post-1068-12986520186322_thumb.jpg

Guest TracMatt

Oh I have signblazer and it didn't work when I changed it actually.

thanks though for your help,

Tracee

Anyway you could post a picture or a few of how you have the blade holder loaded, and how far out the blade is sticking from the holder?

Guest TracMatt

Ken,

Can't post a pic of the blade sticking out camera will not allow it.  It is just 1/2 the blade.  Here is pic of blade holder. 

Tracee

post-0-1298652017179_thumb.jpg

post-0-12986520186863_thumb.jpg

Guest TracMatt

And here is the thread that I found~ Mine is doing exactly the same thing.

http://forum.uscutter.com/index.php/topic,1605.0.html

The pictures of the red vinyl with the skipping marks is the same.  I can only run it on 30 and I am cutting heat press vinyl from imprintables (eco film) it isnt that thick.  If I put a weight on the pen holder it would quit.

Tracee

I dont think so. Once I suggested a carriage was off track for an LP and Ken grounded me.

CAN you check if your blade holder is cracked? This could make the blade to move in a not wanted way.

I am having the same problem with my pcut. It is really frusterating. If i put the pressure up higher then it just cuts through the paper. I was able to make a slight SLIGHT improvement by adding a small amount of weight in the form of two nuts taped with black tape to the top of my blade holder... I think I am just going to sell this machine and get a new one.

If you are able to cut through the paper your blade is sticking out too far from the holder. The bottom of the holder should prevent the blade from penetrating that far.

Guest TracMatt

I already tried the blade every single way possible.  Just a tiny tip even.  It doesn't matter, if I turn the pressure up it cuts too far in.  There is nothing I can do about it or the skipping.  I wasted a ton of vinyl today and am still having the same problem.  I have exactly 1/2 of the blade out right now.  It's nothing I am doing believe me.

Tracee

Perhaps I should call you and walk you through adjusting the blade depth and pressure to resolve this issue. PM me your phone number if you would please.

:huh:

Guest TracMatt

Ken,

It is still doing the skipping thing from left to right.  The blade isn't even sticking out really.  I have it on 130 pressure and I have to cut with on 30 in order for it to not do it.  Is there anything else I can try?  I have this job for the Sheriff's department and I want it to look nice.  I can't have those jagged edges.

Thanks,

Tracee

Guest TracMatt

okay will try that.

Thanks,

Tracee