Guest Nicole

Cutter not detecting DCOM

Guest Nicole

I recently purchased a US cutter SC2 34in and unfortunately it will not detect the DCOM connection. I did have to get a DCOM USB connector since I am working from my laptop. Please let me know any advice and anything I can troubleshoot. 

A Tripplite Keyspan Adapter is what you need to connect to your laptop, with a null modem cable.  Tripplite is the brand name that works with a vinyl cutter. Find the best price. Download driver, reboot computer.   The USB part of cable goes  is in your USB port of computer.. Connect the end of Null modem cable to your Keyspan Adapter, then the other end of Null modem cable to your vinyl cutter. , go into device manager, find com port number, I must be between 1-4.  The go into your cutting software set up and choose the com port number.  They must match.

https://www.amazon.com/Tripp-Lite-Keyspan-High-Speed-USA-19HS/dp/B0000VYJRY/ref=sr_1_4?crid=L3BIJ9BYB5XP&keywords=keyspan+usb+to+serial+adapter&qid=1657331931&sprefix=keysp%2Caps%2C261&sr=8-4 

Tripp Lite is the recommended manufacture, they are known to work and work well. What you have, may work, if you set it up correctly as Mz Skeeter described. If you still can't get it to work try a Tripp Lite adapter.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.