1clo1

cutting same colors

hello everyone, I have a file with 2 colors, red and white, it is separating the red into multiple files, how do I cut it with the red as one file so I don't waste so much vinyl? I tried to group the file and it still shows it as separate cut files, welding makes it all 1 file and cant cut separate colors. any ideas to get the red as one cut file?

not quite understanding the question or issue. If you select the color red to be cut, then everything that's red will cut as long as it fits in the design space and the media size at you set in your software. It will also preserve the layout so if you have a 36" design with a single red item at the very left, and a single red item at the very right, the cutter will jog all that vinyl between the two different elements. If you have multiple red items, but it's not cutting all of it when you send it to the color, make sure that all the elements are actually the shade of red, because the software will know if it's RGB Red 255 vs RGB R250, and it will only cut the one that you designate. <- That's just an example.

I think he/she i's using the term files in place of shapes, and they would like to move the shapes around to minimize wasted vinyl. You could grab all the red shapes and do an auto arrange, that would be it into a grid pattern. You would then have to rebuild your design during the install to put everything in the correct place.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.