Les Jenkins

Transfer Tape

After cutting and weeding a Purple chrome vinyl the vinyl does not want to release from the backing paper. Cutting is satisfactory as it weeds well it just doesn't want to release. I have other similar vinyl that does fine. Could it have gotten hot during shipping as I keep it in a controlled environment. I have to take a razor blade and manually lift it from the backing paper. Also it is not cut to deep.

You are not supposed to lift the vinyl from the wax paper backing. You will pull the transfer tape away, it will lose it's stickiness and you will actually lift the wax paper backing right up with the decal and it will be stuck to your decal.  You squeegee the transfer tape down real good,  Paper transfer tape is used by professionals. That is all that I use. Then turn the decal over and peel the wax paper backing AWAY from the decal.  It makes a huge difference.  I write these directions on every decal that I ship.  Never have problems.   Including Avery chrome.

Most chrome is polyester, and you will need a bit more force, so that the blade is cutting all the way thru the adhesive, There should be light marking on the wax paper backing.

And if that doesn't work, you could look into a tackier transfer tape.