when i send the design (its a rectangle with the corners rounded) to cut it will always finish like in the picture (red circle) and the line should cut where the green line goes, i did a test cut (from the machine) and it made the square and diamond shape cut fine, i checked the design and its fine, i tried with the pen and plain paper and the drawing was correct, i checked with cutting pressure with 800g, 400g, 200g, 45g and all finish the same, i have always used redsail but tried liyu with the same end :(

i dont know what may cause this since the design is fine, doing a test cut is fine and everything i try ends fine, but when i start to cut the job, it ends like that.

i have the SC uscutter machine and using SignBlazer v6.0.5

20220430_163120.jpg

Edited by Dragonduster

Your cutter is a Liyu brand.  That looks like a tracking problem.  Also too much blade  exposed out of the blade holder could cause the vinyl to shift while cutting. Make sure your blade is set correctly and that your vinyl is feeding straight. No mention which cutting software, add a little over cut in your cutting software. 

To start with, you should set your blade depth correctly, by taking the blade holder out of the machine, and firmly cut across a piece of scrap vinyl, you will be cutting. You should only be cutting the vinyl and barely a mark on wax paper backing, Adjust blade to get there, Then put the blade holder back in machine, and use the force of the machine to get there, same results, only cutting the vinyl and barely a mark in wax paper backing. You should barely see and feel the blade tip out of the blade holder. Regular sign vinyl is only 2-3 mil thick. You only cut with the very tip of the blade. When you think the blade is so far in the blade holder, that you think it would not even cut, that is probably correct. 

9 minutes ago, MZ SKEETER said:

Your cutter is a Liyu brand.  That looks like a tracking problem.  Also too much blade  exposed out of the blade holder could cause the vinyl to shift while cutting. Make sure your blade is set correctly and that your vinyl is feeding straight. No mention which cutting software, add a little over cut in your cutting software. 

To start with, you should set your blade depth correctly, by taking the blade holder out of the machine, and firmly cut across a piece of scrap vinyl, you will be cutting. You should only be cutting the vinyl and barely a mark on wax paper backing, Adjust blade to get there, Then put the blade holder back in machine, and use the force of the machine to get there, same results, only cutting the vinyl and barely a mark in wax paper backing. You should barely see and feel the blade tip out of the blade holder. Regular sign vinyl is only 2-3 mil thick. You only cut with the very tip of the blade. When you think the blade is so far in the blade holder, that you think it would not even cut, that is probably correct. 

my cutter is a SC UScutter and i read that i should use liyu drivers (before it was redsail) with signblazer.

the exposed blade is fine as i checked that from the start and doing the cut tests i barely saw the marks in the backing paper.

"add a little over cut in your cutting software." i havent made this but i think i should try this too.

" i barely saw the marks in the backing paper"    Means nothing, it is about how much blade is exposed out of the blade holder.  You can get those same results  "i barely saw the marks in the backing paper"  with 10 times too much blade exposed out of the blade holder. The blade should be so far in your blade holder, that you would not think it would cut at all, and that would probably be correct. You only cut with the very tip of the blade. You use the force of the machine to cut with.  Your UScutter SC is a Liyu cutter.   How long is that rectangle?   Look at the distance from the vinyl edge to your rectangle. Your photo doesn't look the same distance.  It doesn't look like it is tracking straight to meet the lines. You should always have enough vinyl pulled from the roll and slack to do the order. Never be pulling from a roll while cutting.  Slow your cutter down, 

First of all, go to the "HELP" menu, and click on About ---  check to see if it says V7.0.0 in the dialogue box that appears.

If not, download that Hybrid (no-Nag) version, which is the last release, as abandonware.

Your picture doesn't show a regular cut in vinyl; what are you attempting to do?

Also, SBE doesn't have an "overcut" option -- it only has a Blade Offset feature (in Cutter Setup).