Guest Sean

MH871 Will do area test but freezes when cutting file

Guest Sean

I have an MH871 that I've been using for a while with USB.  My USB port broke on the cutter so I switched to a USB to COM cable.  When I hit area test it runs like expected.  When I go to actually cut a file it freezes every time while transferring.  If I end the program as soon as the program closes the cutter starts cutting the first part of the file.  What on earth is going on?  Windows 11 if that makes a difference

If you didn't connect with a Tripp-lite Keyspan Adapter, and null modem cable, then you didn't upgrade at all on cables.   Inexpensive USB to serial cables are pretty much like the cheap  chipset that is in the cutter. Tripp-lite is the brand name and mentioned here hundreds of times as the upgrade to serial. 

Cutter needs to be grounded to stand if you have one.  See if it does the same thing when using the pen tool,  Static will cause freezing.  Also those cutters have limited memory,  Too many nodes will cause it to freeze up. 

• Like 1

Be sure you have the baud rate set correctly. Mz Skeeter is right in that they have limited memory, but I have never ran into that as a problem and I've cut some stuff with tons of nodes. If the comms are setup correctly, the computer will send data to the machine, it'll start cutting, when the memory fills, the computer will pause sending data till the cutter request more. In theory, a cutter only needs a few K of memory as long as the comms connection is stable.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.