cousinit75

Outline Only?

Hi everyone how do I get my pen equipped plotter to fill the areas in between the nodes. Meaning it will not just go around the outline, hope Im making sense. thanks

Capture.JPG

I don't believe SB can do this automatically. This forum topic has a possible solution though,

Howdy, newbie, welcome to our world.

Plotters follow paths. The nodes are the points on the path. The instructions sent from the software to the machine say, "follow these paths"  ---   Every point/node has a specific coordinate within the overall design space, and the plotter gets told what the coordinates are. Those are the x and y points, and the cutter just moves through a route to hit the coordinates in a logical progression. (The Z value tells the plotter to break contact with the path, and skip to another starting coordinate and begin a new path trace).

That's how these cutters work. They have always worked this way, since their invention in the 1950's by Remington Rand and Hewlett Packard companies. (The equipment was developed to link with the UNIVAC computer).

Having said all that, you are basically asking for a plotter to do what a plotter is not designed to do.

What you need is a printer.

Maybe contact this guy.  He is having pretty good results.  I have seen it done on here with an ink pen or a Sharpie. This is done with a MH cutter.   It can be done with Flexi software also. You don't put it on wire frame. It's Solid Fill. (that was my first mistake at cutting. I did not have the Flexi software on wire frame, and it started shredding/cutting the inside of the design).

Hi just out of curiosity will signblazer only cut outlines or can the programme be fooled into doing multiple passes to say fill in a letter?

On 4/5/2022 at 2:19 PM, slice&dice said:

Howdy, newbie, welcome to our world.

Plotters follow paths. The nodes are the points on the path. The instructions sent from the software to the machine say, "follow these paths"  ---   Every point/node has a specific coordinate within the overall design space, and the plotter gets told what the coordinates are. Those are the x and y points, and the cutter just moves through a route to hit the coordinates in a logical progression. (The Z value tells the plotter to break contact with the path, and skip to another starting coordinate and begin a new path trace).

That's how these cutters work. They have always worked this way, since their invention in the 1950's by Remington Rand and Hewlett Packard companies. (The equipment was developed to link with the UNIVAC computer).

Having said all that, you are basically asking for a plotter to do what a plotter is not designed to do.

What you need is a printer.

Hi,I get that this is not what the plotters are for however whilst doing some research I came across a method used in other programmes that is being used to make a box full of single lines or stretched out rectangles 0.03mm in thickness if that makes sense? It is then laid underneath your graphic or lettering and somehow a splice is applied that leaves the lines within the graphic or lettering therefore a path that the plotter would take.