Batman777

MH871 Mk2 squiggly and stright lines not design

my MH871 MK2  started just making squiggly line and then stright lines not the design at all any help would be great.

i have seen post on some sites saying its the motherboard. 

How long have you owned this cutter?  Which cutting software?  Which operating system?  How is the cutter connected to your computer?  What does the TEST cut look like right from the cutter?  Is the cutter grounded to the stand if you have one?  If you use the pen tool does it it do the same thing?  How big is the design? Does it do this problem with every design? 

Always best to run a value cutter on a serial cable or a Tripp-lite Keyspan Adapter (That is the brand name.) With a null modem cable.   Those cutters have a cheap Chinese chipset, not True USB like higher end cutters. 

Did anything happen or change that caused the behavior to start?

Mine started doing that on the second cut after I "upgraded" to windows 10. I have to power cycle the cutter after every cut.

Try a different computer, try windows 7 or older. If that doesn't make it work, motherboard would be a safe bet. If the cutter is very old, it's probably not worth fixing, just get a newer cutter.