Sign in to follow this  
protek

Refine VS. PCUT ...

I had some family over this weekend that seen the PCUT before. They saw the MH 721 and said WOW that thing looks like it is built better. I explained that NO, it is lighter and has cheaper components BUT is faster, more reliable and has less issues than the PCUT.

So, overall ... YES, it is better than the PCUT. The quality of the stand was the first thing I took notice to. The manual is not broken up BAD english compared to the PCUT. And it looks better as well.

PCUT, heavy, unstable opreration, I could go on.

Bottom line, MH 721 rips the PCUT a new one!

Having both, that is my opinion.

"My opinion does not reflect the views of the website, the company or anyone that posts in this forum. This channel is paid for with public donations" LOL, Srry, just watched an infomertial.

Paul

I would tend to agree...both are good machines but given a choice,the refine would be mine as well.

ok it's on: make me a believer, WHAT DOES THE REFINE DO THAT THE PCUT DOESN'T?

They both do the same thing. Main difference...AS SHIPPED the refine has more pinch rollers. The pinch rollers pressure is adjustable (PCut is not).....based on what my brother tells me about his pcut,the refine tracks better. MIne certainly does. Based on forum posts, connectivity issued seem to be worse with the pcut.

However, as to what the do...no difference.

They both do the same thing. Main difference...AS SHIPPED the refine has more pinch rollers. The pinch rollers pressure is adjustable (PCut is not).....based on what my brother tells me about his pcut,the refine tracks better. MIne certainly does. Based on forum posts, connectivity issued seem to be worse with the pcut.

However, as to what the do...no difference.

he he, john that was quick. thanks for the quick response, now u got me thinking lol.  so why is the pcut more than the refine? i know i'm asking these questions a few months too late, but i 'm still curious.

Supposedly,it is better built. It is also a recognized brand that has been around a long time. It would not surprize me to learn that both are built in the same factory.

My refine has USB,Serial,AND LPT. AS far as I know they still do. And LPT has saved more than one person's butt, I know for a fact.

PCUT is quiter.

PCUT advances for another cut.

PCUT can tile cut.

PCUT looks better!

:)

PCUT is quiter.

PCUT advances for another cut.

PCUT can tile cut.

PCUT looks better!

:)

all true: However,in my case...

Quieter...I am deaf in one ear and 30 hearing loss in the other.

Advances after cut...yeah that one pisses me off. refine should do that.

Tile cut..I am not sure what you mean exactly but so does my refine

Looks better...I don't have a store front where people see it. So it could be bright pink with purple dots as far as I am concerned.

In short...everyone likes what THEY have. Ask Beardown what he thinks of the refine,or Terry.

Guest Terry

advance and tile is in the software. ya mines loud, runs perfect, looks nice I think. Only one I ever seen that is silent is the bigger $$$$ graphtec.

I just had to back my baby up!  :)

She's just over there in the corner, staring at me, saying "you're going to let them talk about me that way, degrade me, and belittle me without posting a comment back?!?!"  :)

ha ha, i knew this thread would wake up some folks. lol of course i own the pcut so u know i had to do it. just having a little fun. :)

I have the PCut and my onlly complaint is the USB connection or DIS-connection as it is on mine. It took a while to get the hang of lining up the vinyl for longer cuts but it works. Having never owned a Refine I don't know how they compare.

I guess it's kinda like this....unless you have BOTH you really can't compare the two.EXcept for listing features. I know someone who DOES have both... and he says the refine is the better of the two.

Someday, I hope to be able to compare driving a Jaguar to a Chevy.

I guess it's kinda like this....unless you have BOTH you really can't compare the two.EXcept for listing features. I know someone who DOES have both... and he says the refine is the better of the two.

We want names, phone numbers, last known residental addresses, first born child's DNA, and the last 9 digits of their social security number... or this person doesn't exist!!!  :)

We want names, phone numbers, last known residental addresses, first born child's DNA, and the last 9 digits of their social security number... or this person doesn't exist!!!  :)

Sorry...I promised not to tell. And I never break a promise. But it's someone who is certainly knowledgeable about the subject. I probably spelled that wrong.

The main diff I noticed was that the Refine works  :).

Come on Firemalt, You have to admit the purple and black goes well together.  ;D

I am very happy that they sent me back a Refine over the PCUT I originally had. Call Ken and maybe you can get my old one as a refurb for cheap and have TWO.  ;D

Just playin, Honestly, I do love this Refine. Adjustable pinchers down to the better stand (with casters), cool style and bright blue screen with lots of lights. Yummy! :)

I have to admit that my Refine has certainly grown on me. I even like hearing the noise it makes. If US Cutter had a 36 inch version,that would be next on my list. IT has been a great machine..originally bought as a back-up but used regularly now.

I love my Refine's lovely sound. THats the sound of money.

JC

EXACTLY!!!!!

well what if bannerjohn and his brother put their machines side by side with video so we could really see the difference for ourselves. wouldn't that be more clarification on this topic at hand. better yet anybody with both machines could demostrate the pros and cons of the machine.

is there anybody up for this challenge? of course if i owned both i would but i don't. :-

there is 100 miles between my brother and I....since he got his p-cut I have been the one troubleshooting for him,via Skype. He has had all of the same problems averyone else who posts has...tracking,communication,etc. He did buy 2 extra pinch rollers eventually and that helped. The communication...well that was a matter of his com port being switched every time he re-booted the computer.

I honestly can say that the MAIN reason I would chose the refine over the p-cut is the ability to adjust the pressure of the rollers. THAT is something I consider to be important.

One disclaimer here...I use my refine about 10x as much as he does the pcut. He just does this as a side-business/hobby.