cswinkler

Titan Cutting Dashed Line

My Titan has started cutting dashed lines in spots. It only happens on straight lines. Curved lines cut fine. I have called customer support and we have tried adjusting pressure, new blades, cut depth and the tension on the back of the machine on the feeder part. Still nothing has helped. Has anyone else experienced this and found a solution to it.

THX!

Screen Shot 2022-03-31 at 1.48.40 PM.png

I answered your other post, but I will add, what does your teflon cutting strip look like?  Check for scratches and gouges. Replace if needed. How did you set your blade depth?   Too many see to use a credit card or post it notes, and that is just way too much blade exposed out of the blade holder.  I gave you correct instructions on the other post. 

Teflon looks in great shape. I usually set the blade depth with a credit card but I have even taken it out and tested it on vinyl by dragging it and adjusting until you can hardly see it on the backing.

1 minute ago, darcshadow said:

Have you tried slowing down your cutting speed?

That I'm not sure. I know I have adjusted so many things but can't see for sure that I have tried that. I am going to try adding a drop of oil to the blade cartridge and then will slow the speed down to see if that helps.

5 minutes ago, cswinkler said:

Teflon looks in great shape. I usually set the blade depth with a credit card but I have even taken it out and tested it on vinyl by dragging it and adjusting until you can hardly see it on the backing.

Credit card is about 20 times too much blade exposed out of the blade holder.  I gave you correct instructions on the other post. You shouldn't even be able to see the blade tip out of the blade holder. 

Thanks for all the suggestions. So, far either oiling it or adjusting the cut speed may of worked. I ran three small test cust of lettering and those have cut good. Sure hope it stays this way when I cut my 24x48 piece today.