Hi everyone 

Damsel in complete & utter DISTRESS here Trust me to have a plotter & software with hardly any troubleshooting help anywhere ...... pixmax720 cutter with easy cut pro 

To be fair, the software seems pretty decent, I can cut normally but when it comes to contour cutting it is malfunctioning when it comes to setting up registration marks....I'll set the 3rd bottom right registration mark up as the origin point then follow the on screen instructions to set the other 2 up

If I'm lucky, it will let me set them up no problem but will cut the contour too high up from the design and smaller sometimes even 

Or it starts going haywire when trying to set the other registration marks up by not allowing the cursors to control the laser properly.....

I've been trying for 4 days now, to the point where I dunno what to do next 

I've calibrated it by marking the middle of a cut "X" several times aswell as setting the X & Y to zero as advised by someone 

Nothing works

Can anyone please please help me? Could the registration marks be too small? 

Would one of those keyspan things work? Seen someone mention them a few times for using with cheap end models to ensure accuracy? Don't know nothing about them but if they plug n play n work I'll buy one 

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help me 

Snapchat-2025411462.jpg

Posting this over and over on the forum is not going to get you an answer. There is only a couple hand fulls of volunteers here who answer questions, and no one has that cutter. That brand is considered a bottom of the barrel cutter. You are right, you are not going to find support for it. Contact who you bought it from.  And your software, sure looks like rebranded Sure Cuts A lot software.  Contact your support for your software. Most cutters here use professional software. That software was created for a Cricut cutter for crafters.  That Pixmax is similar to the MH cutter sold here. but the MH cutter does not have a laser. We try to steer new buyers away from the MH cutter to at least the SC2, because of too many problems. Possibly try to get your money out of it, with regular cutting, or sell it, then get a better cutter for regular and contour cutting.  Do some homework first. Cheap is not the way to go with a vinyl cutter. It is true you get what you pay for in a vinyl cutter. If you plan to do a lot of contour cutting,  The Laserpoint 3 with ARMS would be a much better cutter.

https://uscutter.com/LaserPoint-3-Vinyl-Cutter-ARMS-Contour-Cut/

I only posted it in 3 places because I noticed I posted in the wrong section

I brought the cutter as part of a bundle so at that point and this, I'm still a novice tbh.  So learning as I'm going along 

I can't afford another plotter at this point so just looking for any pointers/advice on what I might be doing wrong 

It cuts ok normally so can't understand why it won't contour cut 

Will using one of those keyspan things help as I noticed you've advised people with similar problems to do so 

Thanks 

It's your cutter..You need to find instructions on how to calibrate it for contour cutting.  All cutters have that. Uscutter has instructions for their vinyl cutters for both Vinyl Master and Sure cuts a lot. Using a pen to calibrate. These are instructions from UScutter for an SC2.  No one here has that PIXMAX cutter.

https://support.uscutter.com/hc/en-us/articles/360037540812-SC2-contour-cutting-calibration-and-steps-for-software

When you cut normally do the shapes come out the correct size? Try drawing a simple box, say 2" square and cut it. Does it measure exactly 2"? The reason I ask, is the cut you have pictured, despite being misaligned, does not appear to be the correct size. It looks a little squashed to me.

If your square does not measure correctly you need to adjust your steps per inch settings in your software. I have not used EasyCutPro so I don't know where exactly that setting is located, according to the manual, "When you hit cut to bring up the cut window, there is a Step size setting". I would assume there is also a calibration procedure. If not, you can do the math to figure it out. Current steps per inch*(size of box, 2" in my example)/(actual size of box)

So for example, say your steps per inch is 1000, you design a 2" box, it actually cuts at 1.75". You get 2000/1.75 = 1143 so you need to change your steps per inch to 1143.

Once that is set, you can continue on trying to figure out why the cut is not aligned with the print.

Well I've CRACKED IT!!!

Upon finding just one piece of info on the entire web regarding pixmax720, it was suggested to calibrate the laser, of which I've done repeatedly btw, and then divide the X & Y units in half 

It didn't work at zero but actually works at the suggested advice 

It works perfectly with contouring now (see pic) and I had NO problems with using it for normal cutting before so I'm sooooooo happy right now as it stopped me in my business tracks 

Now I'm firing on all cylinders

Thanks for your help @darcshadow

I've saved your info for future reference should I need it 

Snapchat-1073141144.jpg

• Like 1

Thank you for posting your update, with your fix that worked for you, as well as the great photos.

" divide the X & Y units in half  "  -- OF COURSE!  SMH.

In all seriousness, this thread does provide a good piece of general advice for those who are using cutters for any business purposes:
Namely, when buying equipment, make sure there is support and plenty of information available when needing crowdsourcing troubleshooting.

Off-brand units, and getting "deals" from random sellers, often will come back to bite you in the a&&.
That's why we are here, in the USCUTTER-sponsored website -----  we've gotten good service, we know the company is behind its customers, we understand that they've been doing this for a long time and are reliable. I know that sounds like a 'commercial' for USCUTTER, but it's the truth.

• Like 1

I know,  I mean who would've thought oh yeah divide the x & y by 2 

Ridiculous tbh 

I get what you're saying regarding buying reputable brands and tbh pixmax is the most common plotter that comes up when searching in the UK, unless spending alot of money or needed for commercial use, then obviously the larger ones are recommended 

I have it now and I'm not well off enough to replace 

Hoping to in the future 

I'm now experiencing problems when cutting circles, well the bottom row of circles on the page are cutting an arc in them....further troubleshooting lol

It then proceeds to cut perfectly & doesn't do it with squares or standard outline so quite weird 

Guess I'll get there though 

Thanks for all your help 

You  might see if you can find some different software to try. There are several out there that have free trial periods. Also are you using USB or serial? Which ever you're using, my try the other and see if it has any effect.

• Like 1

Ok so I got a tripp lite keyspan usb cable, however it wouldn't fit my cutter cuz of the ports being inset

So my question is....can I just buy one of these (see pic) instead? 

And a silly question? Does it make a difference how long the cable is for faster connection? Cuz I made an extension with another serial cable with the tripp lite keyspan usb n got it working.....However still cutting random lines....hence asking about the length of the cable....cuz mine is about 2m long now...could this be why it's still playing up? 

Should this cable work just as well as the tripp lite? It's only 90cm long 

Screenshot_20220420-192024_eBay.jpg

Screenshot_20220420-192633_eBay.jpg

That is just a USB to serial adapter, not a Tripp-lite Keyspan Adapter.  Tripp-lite is the brand name . You need a null modem serial cable to connect on the pin side of the Tripp-lite Keyspan adapter, then connect the other end of the serial cable to your vinyl cutter.  Then the USB end of the Tripp-lite Keyspan Adapter goes into your USB port of computer. Download and install the driver for the Tripp-lite Keyspan Adapter.  Reboot your computer.  It will show up in your computer device manager  (This) adapter may or may not work, as most inexpensive adapters have the same cheap chipset as value cutters, and you are not fixing anything.   Below is the Tripp-lite, find the best price.  Longer cables are not best.   You may have received a serial cable with your cutter, see if that cable will work. 

https://www.amazon.com/Tripp-Lite-Keyspan-High-Speed-USA-19HS/dp/B0000VYJRY/ref=sr_1_3?crid=10D0G0A7UNHS&keywords=tripp-lite+keyspan+adapter&qid=1650482086&sprefix=Tripp-lite+keyspan%2Caps%2C274&sr=8-3

Ok so I already purchased the item you've suggested but it won't fit (see pics) 

So I connected the serial cable I got with the cutter via the keyspan n did it that way (see pic) 

But when connecting it all up together with the modem to usb cable it's about 2m long!!! So im wondering if I got shorter cables would that help make the connection more secure n faster?

At this point I'm nearly bald lol 

Screenshot_20220420-212627_eBay.jpg

Screenshot_20220420-212631_eBay.jpg

Screenshot_20220420-212636_eBay.jpg

The Tripplite Keyspan IS NOT supposed to fit on your cutter, As I stated, it needs a null modem serial cable between the Tripplite and your cutter. .  I would have no idea whether your cutter cable  is just a straight serial cable or a null modem serial cable.  They are different,  wires are crossed in a null modem cable. The cable does not need to be long. 

The last photo is how you are suppose to connect it. The USB-2-Serial adapter does NOT connect to the cutter. The 2M length shouldn't be a problem but if you have a shorter USB cable it can't hurt to give it a try.

Also, looking at your last picture, Am I seeing right?  Are you putting the vinyl roller thru the vinyl roll tube?  The vinyl roll should be sitting on top the 2 vinyl rollers normally.

Ok cool so at least I got the connection right 

As you mentioned I dont know if I have a standard or null modem serial cable either tbh....what's the difference? 

It's working as I have it....Ie: it's cutting but still random cuts halfway through 

How would a null modem differ from a standard cable? 

I'll order one though thanks for taking the time to advise me guys really appreciate this 

P.s nah I don't use them rolls you mentioned, just store em there lol 

We don't know how large of designs you are cutting, those inexpensive cutters have limited memory.(too many nodes)   Do the problems still appear using the pen tool?  It could just be static from the vinyl. Did you ground your cutter to the stand?    You can search the difference between the serial cables. Plenty of info out there.

You most likely have a null modem cable. Google it to see the wiring, it'll be clearer than trying to explain here. Random cuts could be static. With having the vinyl on the roller like you have it is not getting grounded anywhere. Set the roll on the rollers and have the stand grounded, that should take care of any static issues and possible the random cuts.

• Like 1

Your cutter is working, so there's not a problem with the COM connection (cables and adapter).

Static build-up is a problem with low-end models of cutters. Try using DRYER SHEETS stuffed into the ends of the vinyl roll tubes.
Also, the cutter needs to be grounded with a wire from the bottom of the cutter to the stand.

You also might try using SignBlazer and cut with that program, using LiYu or RedSail in Cutter Setup. (PixMax is not going to be listed)