tshirtsandmore

printing on zippo flip lighter

I recently had a customer ask me to put an image they have on a chrome zippo flip lighter. Has anyone ever done this before? We have done cups but nothing like this. If not sublimation how would we transfer the image to the lighter?

Thanks

DJ

MOPA Fiber Laser will get you different colors, but you'd have to go through a trial and error process to adjust the laser frequency to get the colors you want based on the type of metal being engraved.

You might also look for something who has a UV Printer, they might be able to help you.

• Like 1

I think it was Lra near Tampa Florida I used to get that type of sublimation lighters from 

I am curious. The Zippo lighter doesn't have a sublimation coating on it. Can you sublimate the design onto it if you add sublimation coating to the lighter. The lighter is fairly flat. It is stainless steel and silver.

Thanks

DJ

1 hour ago, tshirtsandmore said:

I am curious. The Zippo lighter doesn't have a sublimation coating on it. Can you sublimate the design onto it if you add sublimation coating to the lighter. The lighter is fairly flat. It is stainless steel and silver.

Thanks

DJ

found online

PolyGloss will provide a high-gloss (wet-look), sublimatable coating for the following surfaces: Metal - Stainless Steel Mugs, Aluminum Signs, License Plates, Zippo Lighters, Clipboards, Dog Tags, Key chains, Nameplates, Aluminum Water Bottles, Fridge Magnets, Christmas Ornaments. Polished Marble & Stone.

After we put the coating on to the lighter, would we heat press it on a regular press.

Is there any special types of precautions or things you would suggest before or when we press it.

What are the best Polygloss coating you would recommend. Is there a company that is better than others?

5 minutes ago, tshirtsandmore said:

After we put the coating on to the lighter, would we heat press it on a regular press.

Is there any special types of precautions or things you would suggest before or when we press it.

What are the best Polygloss coating you would recommend. Is there a company that is better than others?

Just showing you what I found. I don't do any sublimation.   

Never tried it, but it might be worth watching.