Sign in to follow this  
PlantMaker1

Best approach to Vinyls (Marketing Promos) on pots?

Hi,

I've been building a corporate gifting company for a few years now. We have scaled a lot. We offer to put company logos on our ceramic pots. The pots are typically 4inches and we will receive orders for 100+ gifts for one single client. We have been printing the logos on acrylic print paper and using adhesive to put them on. This works but it takes way too much time and costs of labor are too high to justify. Unfortunately, we are still small and can't afford a $12,000 printer, etc. Somebody mentioned in a previous forum to cut the logos using a 28' SC2 Cutter. However, I have no experience in this so if anyone knows a method a walk-through would be amazing. 

Does anyone have any advice or a good approach to put logos on our pots at scale? Ideally in a price range of $500-$2000. 

Thanks it means a lot!

How about having them just printed (and laminated) by a wholesale online company, like ZooPrinting?

They offer Roll Labels which might work OK -- https://www.zooprinting.com/products/rolllabels

Ask them for a few samples and try 'em to see if this would work for your pots. (assuming the pots have glazed coatings)

The pots do have a glazed coating so theoretically, that would work. However, it would be nice to have this done in-house given the shipping expenses of having a 3rd party do this. Any suggestions for doing it ourselves? I will look at the ZooPrinting as an option though thank you @slice&dice

Shipping of a few rolls of labels/tape? Meaningless, basically, compared to the costs in attempting to create a 4-color process workstation yourself from scratch. Did you not just complain about costs of time and labor? Well, shipping some labels is minor in comparison.

I run my own in-house sign making company (literally, in my house). I'm always seeking the most basic and least complicated lettering jobs I can find, but more and more, businesses want full-color stuff (they go to graphics guys first, get fancy logos made and then bring them to me asking "Hey, can you make me a few signs with this branding on them?") -- I routinely say, sure, get me the original vector .eps file, and rarely do I ever hear from them again.

I have a job lined up this week for a guy who owns a Junk hauling business. He wants 4x8 panels on his newly-purchased dumper truck. At first he wanted a full-color project (based on his business card) and I convinced him to go with Black and Red applied vinyl only (on Yellow dibond sheets). The end result is clear, easy to read, and I can complete it here without the need to send it off to a wholesale printer.

(Photo of his two previous trucks, on the streets of South Philadelphia)

lovejunk.jpg