Sign in to follow this  
Wildgoose

Oracal 751RA (RapidAir)!!! Sounds awesome!

I was online ordering some HTV and needed to replenish my sign vinyl in black. I noticed that USCutter is carrying some of the RapidAir Technology variant and decided to give it a go. I don't have a job for this yet but black stuff comes along fairly often. I will return and do a product evaluation as soon as I get a job for this. 

• Like 2

I finally got around to using some of the RA variant. Here are my results:

#1. I grabbed the roll without looking and used it to cut some very small elements for my son-in-law. The vinyl has an interesting grid/crosshatch built into it that may or may not disappear with time. I think it has some relation to the adhesive that has the same pattern and allows air to get out from under when installing. For small work I would not recommend the RA. We got it done but it was a sketchy thing trying to keep small elements in place while weeding. 

#2. I used some of this as a cover layer on some Dibond signboard. It worked great and I could definitely see a difference from what you would ordinarily see if you messed up with the squeegee and created a bubble. So I would say for regular sized jobs and large coverage areas this is a good product with benefits from the air release adhesive. It's still a thin cast product requiring transfer tape (I tried without like wrap vinyl) and will stretch if unsupported, so don't skip this step if using it for solid cover.