jfought

???? signsupplyfactory.com?????

anybody have any info about the vinyl from here? seem pretty cheep to me.

I just used the last of a 50 yard roll of matte black from them. It doesn't hold to the backing paper as well as some, but works beautifully on banners. Cuts well, weeds well.Very strong adhesive. For banners and coroplast, I have no problems with it at all. I would NOT recommmend it for tiny text or very detailed cuts,because of the pulling up from the backing paper.

Guest Terry

But do they get you on the shipping? And can you see through the vinyl?

I can't see through what I just used. Of course,you can see through transulcent vinyl. Any yes,they get you on shipping but if you win the minumum bid, you can save a few bucks. Maybe $5 over others.

Guest Terry

Bid :)? it's a web site isn't it? or do they sell on ebay also?

Guest Terry

I think it would be in my best interest to stick with my FDC  :)  :)

N o, it's  a brand I never heard of...I looked it up once...a large company in China makes it. I will post the name when I get to the shop in the mornng.

Guest Terry

I emailed them and they said it is our own brand vinyl, thats all I was told.

I was under the impression that FDC vinyl was overstocks bought from Avery, Oracal Etc

Guest fivestar

No FDC has their own vinyl, they used to have Avery make it, but I have heard now 3M makes it.  I use FDC for all my color stuff, but white I use Oracal as it is ALOT better for fine detailed stuff then FDC, the color seems to be the same between the two companies.  My local distributor carries FDC that's why I use it for color.  I order white Oracal off the net in 50 yrd rolls.

No FDC has their own vinyl, they used to have Avery make it, but I have heard now 3M makes it.  I use FDC for all my color stuff, but white I use Oracal as it is ALOT better for fine detailed stuff then FDC, the color seems to be the same between the two companies.  My local distributor carries FDC that's why I use it for color.  I order white Oracal off the net in 50 yrd rolls.

that would explain why I have gotten a few rolls with FDC on the inside of the tube,and 3M printed on the backing paper.

who is the closest supplier to columbus, ohio?

where do i find fdc or 3m vinyl?

The best bet is just to do some checking on the net.  Specialty Graphics is in IL, you might even want to see if Fellers carries it, I know they have locations all over. 

Guest fivestar

who is the closest supplier to columbus, ohio?

where do i find fdc or 3m vinyl?

This is my local distributor, http://www.artisticdesignsystems.com/ They are in Zanesville and I am almost 100% postive they deliver to Columbus.  Also try www.fellers.com both places I believe you have to have a resale license, I know you do at Artistic, they are excellent people to deal with.

John I am sure you will get a kick out of this, as you read this, you are probably saying to yourself, yep, yep ...

I bought vinyl from these guys too.. please keep in mind a few things when ordering from them...

here are two of their categories in their ebay store

12" * 50 yards

12" * 150 fts. (yes, you guessed it, they made a new standard of measure FTS, which as you can guess is short for feets)

I could be really wrong about that, being Canadian and brought up using the metric system, but I really don't think feets is proper english...

English is not in their top 10 languages..

Its kind of opaque IMHO..

It is great for the stencils I am doing, it is cheap.

I won a 12" roll of pink for $1.00 + $13 shipping which is not too bad

all their stuff is MATTE, not gloss

John, did I miss anything?

you summed it up perfectly. I think they are,in fact,Chinese. AS is the vinyl. As is,for that matter,the cutters we cut it on.

But I can't legally get a Cuban Cigar.