Sign in to follow this  
bigmax

At wits end!

Last week I( had a problem with my  Titan 2 NOT being recognized in VInyl master PRO. w/windows 10 (Previous posts described attempts without good results), US Cutter support took remote access and determined that it was the O/I board on the Titan. A friend in a neighboring town had an older SUMMA D60U. that I could use until part was available from USC. Well..........going through set up for the Summa, getting error message that "unable to open file". At this point , after several failed attempts, I uninstalled VM Pro and re-installed and started again. Same error message. At this point of frustration, I walked away. Today, I ran into an old friend that I had helped when he first started cutting vinyl and he has a MH-721 that I could use. Got all excited, went by, picked up THAT unit and brought it back, hooked it up ,Went through the set up and THAT ONE" NOT DETECTED". I am not the brightest 69 year old when it comes to computers,so.............can someone that is more computer savy PLEASE HELP? The usb cable (2 different ones work fine when connected to printers) and tried usb to serial adapter with same results. PLEASE ADVISE what I am doing wrong

Why aren't you asking the people who you got the cutters from?  They are right there. Phone, email, whatever. or  Take the cutters and your computers to them,  Set them up. Let them help you,  They are the ones who know about their cutters.  Those older cutters are not TRUE USB like the Titan.  You need to find the drivers, download and install them.   Find the com port number in device manager 1-4.  Then set  same com port number up in your cutting software.  UScutter has instructions for setting up a MH cutter.  

After my last post, I went back out to the shop and viewed some other posts. I went into the device manager and got the MH-721 set up and working, Did a couple of test cuts and still dancing!!!!!!!! BACK IN BUSINESS!!!! THANKS TO ALL WHO TRIED TO ASSIST.

• Like 1