Sign in to follow this  
New2022

New to the forum and to vinyl...

Hi,

I'm new here and to the world of vinyl. I don't currently have a cutter but I've settled on a Graphtec CE7000-60 (pending the roller issue) after looking for a vinyl cutter for the last couple of months and going from a £300 budget to a £380, £500, £778 and all the way up to the CE7000-60.

Aloha and welcome to the forum. Outside of the pending roller issue, the Graphtecs are solid machines.

• Like 2

New2022, nice to see you here, I assume you are in UK?

Do you already have work ready to accomplish with a new cutter? What about a workspace to set things up within?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Dakotagrafx said:

how is the ce7000 working for you?

Reread Scott  LOL  He doesn't currently have a cutter. ( "I don't currently have a cutter")  He wants to know if the roller issue has been fixed, so that he can buy a Graphtec CE7000

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MZ SKEETER said:

Reread Scott.  LOL  He doesn't currently have a cutter. ( "I don't currently have a cutter")  He wants to know if the roller issue has been fixed, so that he can buy a Graphtec CE7000

you are right again.  heck I would like to know if they ever fixed the issue too - but not buying another one to find out 

• Like 1

Must be nice to have a 'starter' budget of $2000 for a cutter.

New2022 went from $400 (£300) all the way to $2000 ----  that's quite a leap in financing for a newb.

Not to mention, the price jumps up another $310 just for getting a media catch basket! (That's a practical feature already included in the $735 price for the Laserpoint3, a very solid and easy-to-use machine).

I dunno, while the Graphtec is certainly a high-end unit that has its advantages, perhaps this UK poster can explain to us where he's headed with this new venture?

• Like 1

On 1/27/2022 at 1:55 AM, haumana said:

Aloha and welcome to the forum. Outside of the pending roller issue, the Graphtecs are solid machines.

Thanks for the welcome.

On 1/27/2022 at 2:15 AM, slice&dice said:

New2022, nice to see you here, I assume you are in UK?

Do you already have work ready to accomplish with a new cutter? What about a workspace to set things up within?

Thanks, I am.

No, just a plan. My bedroom :lol:, on the plus side I won't be disturbing others when I use it in the evenings.

On 1/27/2022 at 3:34 AM, Dakotagrafx said:

Welcome from Michigan  - 

how is the ce7000 working for you?

Thanks.

On 1/27/2022 at 4:28 AM, slice&dice said:

Must be nice to have a 'starter' budget of $2000 for a cutter.

New2022 went from $400 (£300) all the way to $2000 ----  that's quite a leap in financing for a newb.

Not to mention, the price jumps up another $310 just for getting a media catch basket! (That's a practical feature already included in the $735 price for the Laserpoint3, a very solid and easy-to-use machine).

I dunno, while the Graphtec is certainly a high-end unit that has its advantages, perhaps this UK poster can explain to us where he's headed with this new venture?

Nice? Yes but also risky, I'm trying to invest in myself in starting a business. It's more than half my savings and it's the most expensive single item I have ever purchased (yes I bought it). I purchased a few things unrelated to vinyl last year and I had planned to buy a few other things with the plan of making things I can sell, but after seeing extra functions of more expensive vinyl machines and finding out about servo motors, I ended up at £778 for a Liyu with a servo motor. I had been saying to myself I'm going to buy it for the last few weeks but the warranty worried me, the company states a user has "three strikes" for warranty claims in a year. The language reads like a crime has been committed by clamming on warranty.  

I then had a tiny bit of bad luck with something I bought mid last year which was delivered a few days ago and now isn't ideal for my location (I knew this before it was delivered). On the plus side the device has now increased in value, the sale of that device and finding a really  good deal for a CE7000 with stand/basket made me think about the CE7000. One day later I was sold! I was then excited about getting a vinyl machine whereas before I was just worried about Liyu's warranty. Just as I was about to buy it I came across the video showing the roller problem.

Also, one bonus of the Graphtec is it has a good resale value.

• Like 1

New2022, it's difficult to even understand exactly what you bought. You apparently purchased a LIYU unit (what size?). Despite your various concerns about the seller's backing of their product, you should take some comfort in knowing that in general, once the machine is up and running, it's unlikely to cause problems from there on out. It's not a very complicated device, and you can literally take the whole thing apart with a screwdriver if you need to access any parts for replacements.

I made tens of thousands of $$ with an MH and then, the SC. My market is signs. The basic cutters do just fine, I've been running them for a decade. Don't overthink this. Just get to work.