mhristau

travel lines that cut

What am I doing in Illustrator that causes these diagonal lines (travel instructions) to become cut lines in Cricut Design Space?

travel lines that cut.png

Check out a craft forum or Cricut forum.  Most people that answer questions here use full sized vinyl cutters and software for those vinyl cutters.  

I don't have a cricut so I'm just guessing here, but how are you saving/importing the files? My assumption is EPS files, and I don't know that the EPS format supports "travel lines". I suspect those my be an AI only kind of thing.

On 1/26/2022 at 11:29 AM, mhristau said:

What am I doing in Illustrator that causes these diagonal lines (travel instructions) to become cut lines in Cricut Design Space?

travel lines that cut.png

The screen shot is NOT adobe Illustrator. Whatever you are seeing there is being inserted by the Cricut interface. I would assume it is somehow sending some interface instructions meant for your cutter that are transposing as cut line? Just a guess...  

I would suggest trying a newer or older version of your saved AI file or even change the file type from AI to SVG or EPS or whatever the Cricut program likes. My cutter interface prefers Adobe Illustrator version 8 which is a much simplified legacy version. There are a LOT of extra "doodads" especially in the CC version of AI that may be complicating your file.

On 1/26/2022 at 8:29 AM, mhristau said:

"What am I doing wrong?" is a little hard to troubleshoot, when we don't know what and how you're doing things.

Would be helpful to know what version of AI you're using, and how you're exporting/importing to DS. File format, etc.

Have you tried to export it in another format that is DS friendly? What formats are DS friendly?