jillkmorgan

No Arch Text for Bottom Available on Demo

I have downloaded the demo as the LTR version seems perfect for me, especially the ARCH tool being able to do multiple lines top and bottom.

But on my demo there are no flow buttons at the top to switch to the bottom of the ARCH.  I have emailed USCutter, but I am sure I will not hear back till Monday and I have work to do this weekend that if this software works well (which looks like it will) I would like to purchase and get to work.

It says that the demo has no limitations except on saving and cutting, so the ARCH flow buttons should be there.  Is there somewhere they are hiding that I have to click on to have them show up?  I have hunted all over the place.

I tried all the different sofwares, but the bottom ARCH is not available on any of them.

Jill

Are you talking about ARC text or ARCH? Not the same thing.

You can utlize SignBlazer (free) to create your Arc text.  (Text that flows around a circle radius)

Since the Demo version of VM will not permit cutting anyway, and you want to produce work this weekend, perhaps just output through SignBlazer and be done with it. Next week you can figure out what's happening with that text manipulation feature in VM.

1 hour ago, slice&dice said:

Are you talking about ARC text or ARCH? Not the same thing.

You can utlize SignBlazer (free) to create your Arc text.  (Text that flows around a circle radius)

Since the Demo version of VM will not permit cutting anyway, and you want to produce work this weekend, perhaps just output through SignBlazer and be done with it. Next week you can figure out what's happening with that text manipulation feature in VM.

I have Vinyl Cut Pro, Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop. The Arc text, not Arch.  I use Arch in Photoshop a lot, so the term sticks in my head.

I'll just work with the various pieces of software until I hear from support on Monday.  More design work this weekend than cutting work.  I can do the cutting through Vinyl Cut Pro

Was hoping to be able to do everything in one piece of software.  Afraid to purchase to discover the flow buttons still aren't there.

Thanks, Jill

5 minutes ago, MZ SKEETER said:

Tech support for the software is Vinylmaster.  Put in a ticket there.  Vinylmaster.com   It's called Vinyl Master Cut. (entry level)    Vinyl Master Pro is a different (higher level)  software. 

I'm actually looking at getting the Vinyl Master LTR. Seems to Offer everything I need, especially the multi-line arcing text.

I'll have to check who I sent the query too regarding the missing flow buttons.

Thanks, Jill

I doubt those demos are up to date.  Mine says 2017 when they are loading,  They have been on my computer for years.  What do yours say?  There have been updates  Vinyl Master has posted links for updates. 

30 minutes ago, MZ SKEETER said:

I doubt those demos are up to date.  Mine says 2017 when they are loading,  They have been on my computer for years.  What do yours say?  There have been updates  Vinyl Master has posted links for updates. 

In the about section it says version 5.0 with last updated on 2021-12-30, so obviously up to date.  And in the help files, it demonstrates using the flow buttons in the toolbar to choose between top and bottom of the arc.  

Jill

Got a response from support.  I had to click on the teeny blue arrow next to the upper/lower case icon and had to do that while the arc tool was active and had at least one letter typed.  I am also told that I can leave this visible if I go to Windows - Workspace reveal all tools but there is no Workspace option for me under the Windows tool.  I await a response from support on this.  Slowly getting there.

Jill

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.