bigmax

titan 2 notrecognized

My titan 2 stopped cutting in the middle of a time sensitive job. .Stopped and started over and same problem. Completely closed vinyl master pro, started again and getting a pop up that usb connection in not recognized by microsoft windows. SO........ uninstalled and downloaded VM Pro from us cutter web site. Still getting same message. Machine is grounded. RAunning windows 10. ANY assistance would be greatly appreciated!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

I went to US CUTTER support site but did not see the Titan 2 listed for driver download

Tried different USB cable, same message. "Device not recognized" Tried another usb port............same.

Is it possible the port on the cutter was damaged? I had a KVM that gave the error of device not recognized and it turned out it was because the wiring of the USB plug was wrong.

• Like 1

Sorry , had to step away for a bit. I dug out a serial to USB adapter that I kept from my SC (old) model I used before getting the titan 2. Hooked it up (com port 3) Finally got the GREEN check showing connection however, when I click on cut, then click proceed with cutting.......nothing happens. Any suggestions at this point?Iuninstalled  and re installed but as soon as I plug into the usb port I get the "device not recognized" Goin nuts!!!

Edited by bigmax
more info

Make sure the correct comport is selected in your software.

suspect that darcshadow  is right on connection wiring. Going to check into that in the morning. Thanks to ALL who replied

FOund problem! After trying all suggestions and instructions from Futures corp. (Vinyl master) I decided to check internal wiring. As soon as I removed the end cap..........there it was . The ribbon cable was not connected , THANKS AGAIN to all who replied. At least I'm back in the game 

• Like 2

On 1/22/2022 at 11:26 AM, bigmax said:

FOund problem! After trying all suggestions and instructions from Futures corp. (Vinyl master) I decided to check internal wiring. As soon as I removed the end cap..........there it was . The ribbon cable was not connected , THANKS AGAIN to all who replied. At least I'm back in the game 

that is a new one for everyone to remember - not sure how that would come loose inside but stuff does happen

This will hopefully save someone a LOT OF FRUSTRATION down the road,

• Like 1

Well.......took the bad ribbon cable to an electronics repairman, since US CUTTER was out of stock. He made me a new one, based on the one that failed. Attached the new cable and cutter still not recognized . Contacted USC support, and they called me back within a few minutes. He took remote access and did some checking and determined that  the I/O board is the problem. However ,they are out of stock and looks like mid Feb. before being  available for sale. He did state that he was going to check the repair dept. and try to arrange for one to be transferred over to retail and then send me a link to get it ordered. Couldn't really ask for more under the circumstances. Heck, I need some time off anyway