DW3

SC2 with Windows 10 issue - PPF software

Any help would be great.  I have 2 different laptops with windows 10, and I'm cutting paint protection film kits with software called Core from Suntek, and Digicut.  I can get as far as both softwares seeing the plotter, but error messages when I click cut and nothing happens.  I used core on my wife's laptop, which has Windows 8, and was successful.

I am using the USB cable that came with it.  I've read about using the TrippLite usb to com adapter, but im curious if anyone is using it for PPF like I am and having these issues with windows 10.  

Any advise?

So what are the error messages? They are telling you the problem.  Your com port numbers must match in your computer device manager and your cutting software,  Between 1-4. nothing higher.   Most folks here just cut vinyl. Only a handful of volunteers here answer questions.  Did you install and run   the FTDI driver for Windows 10?  Value cutters have a much better communication with serial cable or a Tripp-lite Keyspan Adapter/null modem cable. 

According to Digcut website that cutter is not even supported.  I can't get into Core to see if it is supported there. 

26 minutes ago, slice&dice said:

Does your CORE software allow exporting .eps files?

That SC2 cutter may not even be supported in CORE.  I couldn't get into to it, Doesn't show on website,the supported cutters.   But it is not supported on Digicut. below on the website.   They all have TRUE USB.   It does require Windows 10 Home or Pro.

digicut.JPG

If the completed ready-to-cut file can be exported as .eps, perhaps using the $50 VinylMaster program would allow that .eps to be IMPORTED and then sent through to the SC2, which is a simple matter for VM to accomplish.

(Theoretically, the cracked/abandonware version of SignBlazer could also do this, but it's well-known that SBE has limitations on the importation of various current-version .eps files, due to that legacy program not being updated for many years).