Sign in to follow this  
winslo93

Start and finish points does not align

Hello, can you guys help me out. I have graphtec FC 9000 and have problems with cutting quality. Shortly speaking sometimes lines are not much each other. I use standart vinyl, have a brand new blade(45 degree) and blade holder (CB09).  I bought my plotter a year ago. Sometimes it cut pretty well but the last month it was terrable. I contacted a tech support but their advices did not help at all. I also did test with pen and there was no issue at all. I hope somebody will help me.

IMG-2150.jpg

IMG-2151.jpg

IMG-2152.jpg

IMG-1076.jpg

IMG-1077.jpg

IMG-1078.jpg

IMG-1079.jpg

Why are you using a brass tip blade holder?  Put the regular blade holder in the machine, that came with the vinyl cutter. No need for that brass tip holder.  Looks like too much blade exposed out of the blade holder. You are not cutting with the very tip of the blade. You must get the blade depth correct, before you adjust any other settings.  Blade offset is ZERO on a Graphtec.   

To start with, you should set your blade depth correctly, by taking the blade holder out of the machine, and firmly cut across a piece of scrap vinyl, you will be cutting. You should only be cutting the vinyl and barely a mark on wax paper backing, Adjust blade to get there, Then put the blade holder back in machine, and use the force of the machine to get there, same results, only cutting the vinyl and barely a mark in wax paper backing. You should barely see and feel the blade tip out of the blade holder. Regular sign vinyl is only 2-3 mil thick. You only cut with the very tip of the blade. When you think the blade is so far in the blade holder, that you think it would not even cut, that is probably correct. 

• Like 1

what is the white stuff on the grit roller and down the front of the plotter inline with the grit roller?

What program are you cutting with? 

• Like 2

Without knowing more about the hardware/tool setup, I would look at the software. Each start/stop looks too consistent and I would look if the software is adding either a lead in or lead out. Next I would look for a software option to add a little overcut in an attempt to clean up start/stop area. I can't tell which direction it cut, though.

• Like 1

I discovered this post while searching various forums for a solution to our Graptec FC 9000 plotter that is doing the exact same thing that you were experiencing.

We installed our plotter in May of last year. Ever since, we have had issue after issue. Some cuts come out great where everything aligns like they are suppose to. Other cuts, not so much. Have done test after test. Tried various cutting software, new blades, new blade holders, new cutting strips, etc. With all of the changes, nothing seemed to change the outcome of the cuts. Have ran tests on various types of vinyl, paintmasks, blastmasks and even running the pen tool on template paper.

Was curious to see if you ever figured out what was causing the problem for you? Thanks for your time.

S.PNG

O.PNG

Image.PNG

M.PNG

It all starts with the TEST feature on the machine. Until they are perfect, you will not get good cuts. You show your cutting photos, but you don't show what your TEST cuts from the machine look like. That must be correct first. Perfect square and triangle.  Also stated thousands of times,  The blade depth must be correct to the vinyl that you are cutting... I understand there is some kind of tool, but you don't need it. I have a FC also.  My cuts are great. Also add some over cut in your cutting software.  Run your cutter slower, I never run at a fast pace. 

To start with, you should set your blade depth correctly, by taking the blade holder out of the machine, and firmly cut across a piece of scrap vinyl, you will be cutting. You should only be cutting the vinyl and barely a mark on wax paper backing, Adjust blade to get there, Then put the blade holder back in machine, and use the force of the machine to get there, same results, only cutting the vinyl and barely a mark in wax paper backing. You should barely see and feel the blade tip out of the blade holder. Regular sign vinyl is only 2-3 mil thick. You only cut with the very tip of the blade. When you think the blade is so far in the blade holder, that you think it would not even cut, that is probably correct. 

All test cuts were perfect. Not just by my eyes but also by the Graphtec Technicians. Blade depth was spot on as well. Again not by my eyes but from the techs at Graphtec. That was one of the issues the tech thought it could be. After sending photos to them of the blade holder and test cuts, that was quickly ruled out. The issue I was experiencing was hit or miss. I could literally send a job to the plotter and there would be an issue with the start and stop points. So I would resend the SAME job without making any adjustments and everything would plot out correctly. 

If Graphtec can't fix you, I don't know what you are expecting here. We are volunteers here.  Hopefully you have enough vinyl pulled from the roll and slack as to not pulling from a roll, while cutting. 

Was looking for Winslo93 as he seemed to be experiencing the exact same issue. Was curious to see what the "fix" was for his machine.

Hasn't been on for almost a year.  I also never figured out why he was using that brass holder. I use my original holder.  I only know of 1 person on here that uses a FC9000. How fast are you running your machine?

US cutter techs still say use  1/2 a credit card or post it notes for setting the blade depth and this is just way too much blade exposed out of the blade holder. Users know more than techs seem to know. I have posted my blade depth instructions on here hundreds and hundreds of times, and it has helped many. many users, who think it takes a lot of blade to cut with, It only takes the very tip of the blade to cut with. The correct combo is less blade more force. You don't know how many times we hear that the blade is set correctly, when in fact it is 10 times too much blade exposed out of the blade holder. That info Is in contributions.  Blade Depth.   Take your blade holder out of the machine and firmly cut across a scrap piece of vinyl you are cutting, If you are cutting thru vinyl and wax  paper backing, you have too much blade exposed out of the blade holder. Pretty easy to try.