joeleaux

USCUTTER SC on Big Sur via SCAL Pro 5

Do you have an M1 Mac i made a thread in the forum here.  May be I could help you post more info on what have you tried. and your system etc. 

Also try to reset your computer after you, turn on your printer I found that caused me trouble. you can see if the port is open and SCAL would be able to detect it, opening the terminal and putting this command in   ls /dev/cu.*    thats gonna show you the ports that are being use in the mac, though I'm not really familiar with SCAL just yet that's how i realized what was wrong in my computer. 

I am having the same problem using a Titan printer, SCAL 5.0 on a new M1-chip-based MacBook Air 2020 OS Monterey. The SCAL 5.0 software cannot see the cutter connected via USB hub.  I have tried multiple USB hubs.  The problem did not exist using older MacBook Air and the same USB hubs.

1 hour ago, Rainbow2022 said:

I am having the same problem using a Titan printer, SCAL 5.0 on a new M1-chip-based MacBook Air 2020 OS Monterey. The SCAL 5.0 software cannot see the cutter connected via USB hub.  I have tried multiple USB hubs.  The problem did not exist using older MacBook Air and the same USB hubs.

If you didn't have any problems with older Mac>   Go back to what works.  Very few Mac users on here. And only a couple hand fulls of volunteers who answer questions.  I am still running on Windows XP.  :lol:   It still works great!!  

Pet peeve on here.  The vinyl cutter is NOT a printer.  It is a vinyl cutter.  There is no ink.

Resolved:  So when you migrate your data from one Macintosh to another, keep these things in mind:

1). The SCAL software will move with the system migration in-tact

2.) You will have to disable the SCAL software key on the old Mac and activate your software key on the new Mac in order to create anything

3.) You will need to go to Cutter menu > My Cutter > Manage Cutters and re-establish the cutter list configuration data (Brand/Model) even if they are still listed.

4.) Verify all other cutter settings such as connection type (USB/Printer)

• Like 1