Sign in to follow this  
hibby

CAMM-1 PRO GX-300 repair

image.thumb.png.121a42eef72ad8e3aae4a8e5f4f89823.png

My cutter sustained some damage from years of getting bumped my my chair.

I have a new power outlet on the way, but I want to make sure I put everything back together correctly.

Does anyone have a GX-300, GX-400, or GX500 that they'd be willing to to pull a couple screws out of to help me confirm which wire will plug into which pole on the new connector?

I'd be willing to PayPal you some money to purchase the adult beverage of your choosing.

Got the answer.

Blue is neutral and goes to the "N" lug on the connector, brown is line and goes to "L", green is ground and goes to "E".

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, slice&dice said:

AFAIK, it's alternating current, so there's no polarity.

Green is ground.

dangerous assumption - yes they do need to be connected correctly even on ac - the only items you find with plugs that plug in both ways are ones that have no metal exposed externally and engineered that way - look in your house breaker box and you will most likely find the ground and neutral connected to the same buss bar - so if in your device the plotter has ground and a neutral connection no big deal but connect that hot wire coming in to the neutral and fireworks ensue.    

Glad you figured it our Hibby, every time I work with something from overseas I have to look that up also