dvddvd

How would i do this in Vinyl master?

I have this design POW ! and want to glue some LED neon strip onto the centre of  the letters.

Its would be easier if I could cut out a 1/2 inch strip central to the letters, following the shape to act as a guide.

Is there an easy way? many thanks

287916055_powjpeg.thumb.jpg.930d0bc8730262601e549cbb26bfe945.jpg

pow2.vDoc

1 hour ago, dvddvd said:

I have this design POW ! and want to glue some LED neon strip onto the centre of  the letters.

Its would be easier if I could cut out a 1/2 inch strip central to the letters, following the shape to act as a guide.

Is there an easy way? many thanks

pow2.vDoc

What's the font that you used for this?

Hi thanks I found the inline feature in Vinyl master and it works great on fonts where the letters are all the same width.

inline.jpg

The inline/outline is giving you a consistent width, naturally using the feature on a font that is inconsistent in width will give you the result you got.

If I am understanding this correct,  youʻre wanting to put a 1/2" width strip in the middle of each letter itself?

yes that's correct, is there a way to draw a line in the dead centre of any shape?

Or make a a smaller version of each letter? I tried grabbing the corner of a copy of each letter and reducing the size but it dosent line up exactly 

thanks

Hi thanks I tried that, just by doing the outline but it just looks inflated and the original letter stays the same size which is not 1/2 inch.

Found another way by making 1/2inch rectangle shapes and stretching the length and angle to fit into each letter. Which is good in one way as it tells you the length of each one and the Led neon can only be cut at 1 inch spacing.

For any of the curved sections it was a case of using the elliptical tool to make a shape  which fitted perfect and then making a duplicate and then grabbing the corners to make a  smaller version.

Then a bit of node editing and  weld them together. All a bit long winded

• Like 3

1 hour ago, dvddvd said:

Hi thanks I tried that, just by doing the outline but it just looks inflated and the original letter stays the same size which is not 1/2 inch.

Found another way by making 1/2inch rectangle shapes and stretching the length and angle to fit into each letter. Which is good in one way as it tells you the length of each one and the Led neon can only be cut at 1 inch spacing.

For any of the curved sections it was a case of using the elliptical tool to make a shape  which fitted perfect and then making a duplicate and then grabbing the corners to make a  smaller version.

Then a bit of node editing and  weld them together. All a bit long winded

Thank you for posting your work around. No doubt it will come in handy for future inquiries.

• Like 1

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.