Sign in to follow this  
Billy

How to set the cutting position

Have tried to cut the word "Smokehouse" mustiple different times for some signs that I' m working on.  Sometimes the cutter stares just where it is, and sometimes it runs the vinyl several inches backward before it startes to cut, and sometimes it runs the vinyl forward the entire lenght of the cut before it stares to cut.  I never know where to position the vinyl to stare the job.  I have cut a word and when it 's finished, clicked on "finished" to go back to my work surface and when I come to cut again, the plotter runs the vinyl backward and cuts over my previous work.  Sometimes it cuts the Tile fisrt and sometimes it cuts the letters first.  It does this from one cut to another.  Why?  Why will it not stare and stop at the same place from one job to another?  No two jobs cut the same even when it's the same job.    HELP PLEASE.........

welcome to forum. i would suggest you let us know which cutter you have.

the cutter cuts from right to left, front to back. so basically your starting position should be on the right side, clearing enough vinyl in the front, so it tracks and you can get your blade on it. when you finally have you starting position, reset your x,y positions to 0,0 by reseting the "home". from there it should go well. don't forget to make sure that whatever it is you're cutting won't end up depressing the red "kill" button on the cutter. to remedy that problem, just scoot yoru vinyl over a bit and reset the "home" position.

good luck!