WildCorral

Vinylmaster Cut adding weed lines

Recommended Posts

Newbie. Bought a used Graphtec CE5000-60. Have the Graphtec Cutting Master 2 running through Corel Draw and I can cut just fine. Weeding is another issue, I would like to add weed lines but the software doesn’t have that feature. I’m looking at Vinylmaster Cut and downloaded the demo. According to the comparison charts It has the same weeding options as the upgraded versions. I’ve looked at the Vinylmaster video on weed boxes and the screens that I can find are nothing like the ones in the video where they show how to add weed lines. What am we missing here?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am reading the User manual for Cutting Master 2 and it does show weed lines function.  I have not seen any Graphtec Software that does not have weed lines.  When you have your design in ready to cut/plot. Open the tab at the top that looks like a blade. This software is very similar or made by Flexi. You can also draw your own weed lines,    http://www.graphteccorp.com/support/manuals/craftrobo/CM2-Manual(v192).pdf

cutting master2.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Many people also use Signblazer with their Graphtecs still. The only use I use weed lines is on small text,  never use it on designs.  My exacto knife is my weed lines on designs. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, MZ SKEETER said:

I am reading the User manual for Cutting Master 2 and it does show weed lines function.  I have not seen any Graphtec Software that does not have weed lines.  When you have your design in ready to cut/plot. Open the tab at the top that looks like a blade. This software is very similar or made by Flexi. You can also draw your own weed lines,    http://www.graphteccorp.com/support/manuals/craftrobo/CM2-Manual(v192).pdf

cutting master2.JPG

Thank you. Yes, I found the external weed boxes, but I would like to be able to add internal lines inside complex graphics that are relatively small. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You can just draw them, straight lines wherever you want.

That's how I do weed lines in SignBlazer, simply create them from scratch using the Polyline tool. (two nodes, start & finish)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i always create my own weed lines, then i can put there were i actually need them, and the way i want them.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The horizontal and vertical weed lines go thru the design, but may not go where you need them..They work much better for text.   Newer version has more weed line options. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, WildCorral said:

Maybe I downloaded an older demo?

I am referring to Cutting Master 2.    Weed lines are not going to just show up where you think you may want them.  They usually just make a line thru the middle each direction.   They mostly will show more vertical than horizontal.   It is mostly used to separate TEXT,  not designs. 

Is there a reason that you cannot use Cutting Master 3, as it is a newer version.?  Not compatible with your Corel?   You can add your own weed lines in your design software, before you send to cut. Where you want them.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, MZ SKEETER said:

I am referring to Cutting Master 2.    Weed lines are not going to just show up where you think you may want them.  They usually just make a line thru the middle each direction.   They mostly will show more vertical than horizontal.   It is mostly used to separate TEXT,  not designs. 

Is there a reason that you cannot use Cutting Master 3, as it is a newer version.?  Not compatible with your Corel?   You can add your own weed lines in your design software, before you send to cut. Where you want them.  

Is Cutting Master 3 a free upgrade? Being so new I don’t want to screw up a working software solution in Corel with CM2.  The only reason I’m looking at VM is for the ease of adding additional cut lines. The VM instructional video shows exactly what I want to accomplish at a price I can handle ($60). I also like that there seems to be a lot of VM support on this forum. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Are you failing to to go to the Graphtec website and read what is available for your cutter under Graphtec Software?   Until you get to Graphtec Pro Studio.(which costs, if didn't buy a new cutter. )  all of their cutting software is available. Graphtec Software is available for cutters that are for legacy cutters and also include the CE5000.    Maybe someone can offer advice on Vinyl Master Cut and can tell you what is in it and what the weed lines offer.  I don't have Vinyl Master Cut. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have checked Graphtec’s web site and was a little confused about what I could use without a firmware update, which I have learned from you is a no-no!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, WildCorral said:

I have checked Graphtec’s web site and was a little confused about what I could use without a firmware update, which I have learned from you is a no-no!

You would have to check what  firmware it is on.  It may already be on upgraded firmware.  You bought it used. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

From reading online,  before you load the media, just turn the cutter on, the firmware is the number shown, before LOAD MEDIA shows up.   I read,  V 1.3 is the original.  to go up to V3.9     Other Graphtec CE5000-60 may already have over V 5 to go up to V6.4   So Version 3.9  or Version 6.4   would run Cutting Master 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, MZ SKEETER said:

From reading online,  before you load the media, just turn the cutter on, the firmware is the number shown, before LOAD MEDIA shows up.   I read,  V 1.3 is the original.  to go up to V3.9     Other Graphtec CE5000-60 may already have over V 5 to go up to V6.4   So Version 3.9  or Version 6.4   would run Cutting Master 3

Thanks for this info!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, WildCorral said:

Is Cutting Master 3 a free upgrade? Being so new I don’t want to screw up a working software solution in Corel with CM2.  The only reason I’m looking at VM is for the ease of adding additional cut lines. The VM instructional video shows exactly what I want to accomplish at a price I can handle ($60). I also like that there seems to be a lot of VM support on this forum. 

Cutting Master 3 is Free, however, it looks radically different than 2 and 4, also it is not compatible with some versions of Corel and some cutters... I never used it because I hated it. It will work fine on the version of X6 I left on the laptop, but not X3. It works fine with a CE5000- you will have to stay on some older software which will still do a lot of things just fine. Newer software really does not net much when it comes to vectors for cutting.

I believe that cutter also had the most current firmware loaded.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, vinylmotivations said:

Cutting Master 3 is Free, however, it looks radically different than 2 and 4, also it is not compatible with some versions of Corel and some cutters... I never used it because I hated it. It will work fine on the version of X6 I left on the laptop, but not X3. It works fine with a CE5000- you will have to stay on some older software which will still do a lot of things just fine. Newer software really does not net much when it comes to vectors for cutting.

I believe that cutter also had the most current firmware loaded.

Thanks for the clarification!

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, WildCorral said:

Thanks for the clarification!

I don't know much about vinylmaster cut unfortunately or I'd be more help. If it helps though I've always done as above and added basic shapes around items and lines to make my own weeding lines. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

Guest
You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...