Sign in to follow this  
bjm6469

Help identifying material or method used

Hello. I would like to start printing stickers in the styles of the stickers below. I don't know if the print is on the metallic/holographic material itself, or if they have printed the image on a clear vinyl and then stacked it to the metallic/holographic material.

Does anyone know of a vinyl metallic/holographic material that can be printed directly onto by a Roland SG-300? Thanks!

No description available.

received_855759425067860_1.gif.4c35362ce9e54181b258bf39bc6d24c3.gif

received_4533954999975184_1.gif.83e1d958889bdba61972fff1b4021ea2.gif

Contact Roland. Appears to be printed right over the reflective material.

Beyond our general knowledge base for cutters (only a few forum members print).

I've had 3 roland printers and have never seen a product like that you could do on any of them - guessing another process

an educated guess would be a thermo resin printer over holographic material  - I had some made by a member here that had black and red printed over chrome - - on a gerber edge I believe 

55 minutes ago, Dakotagrafx said:

I've had 3 roland printers and have never seen a product like that you could do on any of them - guessing another process

Looks like the Girff Fantasy line of vinyls will allow for this: https://www.thegriffnetwork.com/products/decorative-films/fantasy/

"This material retains ink without smudging and lends itself to various printing types such as hot stamping, screen printing, thermal transfer, digital, offset, flexographic, latex, and UV curable ink."

1 hour ago, bjm6469 said:

Looks like the Girff Fantasy line of vinyls will allow for this: https://www.thegriffnetwork.com/products/decorative-films/fantasy/

"This material retains ink without smudging and lends itself to various printing types such as hot stamping, screen printing, thermal transfer, digital, offset, flexographic, latex, and UV curable ink."

I don't see eco solvent on the list

A couple of sites that sell it though claim it is solvent printable 

my next question is - how do you print on it so parts are opaque and parts are translucent?

On 11/17/2021 at 8:00 AM, Dakotagrafx said:

my next question is - how do you print on it so parts are opaque and parts are translucent?

I'm wondering the same thing too. :huh: