Sign in to follow this  
Guest storm2313

How To Use Summa XY Opos Option With Vinylmaster

Guest storm2313

I just received in my new Summa T75, and I would like to use the Ops XY feature for a registration mark on both the X, and Y axis for contour cutting. 

How do I add this option in Vinylmaster Expert? 

Thank you for your support. 

First I suggest joining the forum so you don't have to wait for each post to be approved.

I have a D75R. Congrats on the T series, I am jealous, seriously. I don't print and therefore don't do much OPUS contour cutting but have played around some when I got the machine so I'd be at least a little familiar with it. I am not sure exactly how VM Expert will interact with the Summa. I recommend putting in a support ticket with them and probably one with Summa. You should have received the free basic cutting utility WinPlot with your cutter. I had good success using the OPUS with WinPlot although I did not care for the interface and I also run on Mac so I went a different way and have used SignCut Pro. Even in SignCut Pro I seem to remember there being some roadblocks with the OPUS and I ended up just building the file and sending it through Winplot on my windows laptop. I am pretty sure that had I really needed to use it I could have found whatever skullduggery was causing the glitch and you should be able to with VM Expert. The Summa support team is awesome (and Live) and they may have some experience on their end. If memory serves me I believe the problem I was having was related to SignCut not adding the OPUS registration marks appropriately and therefore the cutter didn't like them. 

I don't know if I've helped you much but good luck and when you find some answers please do future searchers a solid and report them back on this thread so it will help the next guy. 

I appreciate it, all your feedback. 

Its unfortunate I can't even get VM Expert to recognize the ARMS feature hence I can't use the OPOS. 

Thank you again, and going from a Graphtec to this robot is a ridiculous leap forward. 

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this