Glass Blaster

Creation PCUT CTO1200 Cutting Strip

Hi, my Creation PCUT is identical to the USCutter LaserPoint and has a worn cutting strip that I need to replace. I can't seem to find the correct part as any replacement strips all appear to use double sided tape whereas mine sits in a groove without double sided tape or glue. Does anyone know where I can purchase a new strip or is there a suggested modification as in purchase a generic cutting strip and attach double sided tape to that? Any help or suggestions would be much appreciated. Googling hasn't helped. Thanks in advance.

23 hours ago, slice&dice said:

Have you attempted to flip it over?

I did think of that as I was removing it but "No" because the profile doesn't allow me to; see attached photo.

Cutting Strip_End View.JPG

Have you turned the strip around? Not upside down, but pull it out, and put the right side on the left, and the left on the right. That's what I did for my LaserPoint to get more mileage out of the strip.

The GlassBlaster guy apparently didn't put in the right search terms, because yesterday in the first post he said "Googling hasn't helped."

Anyway, for $6.49 that should solve the issue he was having, and he's good to go for a few more years.

4 hours ago, haumana said:

Cheers, that appears to be the one although difficult to see the end profile. That certainly didn't come up in my searches maybe because I'm in Australia; I'll contact them to see if they'll post one (or two) out. Thanks again.

4 hours ago, slice&dice said:

The GlassBlaster guy apparently didn't put in the right search terms, because yesterday in the first post he said "Googling hasn't helped."

Anyway, for $6.49 that should solve the issue he was having, and he's good to go for a few more years.

Yep. I pretty well gave up all hope until I discovered that it's the same as the USCutter LaserPoint and joined this forum. ::)

22 hours ago, slice&dice said:

US$73; AU$97!! for two delivered to Australia. I'll search a tad longer here; at least I know that they are available. Cheers all.

Order just one, for AU$50 -- it's a bit high, agreed, but in the grand scheme of things, will get you back into operation and making money with jobs. Better than wasting more valuable time trying to save $30 or so, that's for sure. These days, just be glad they can get the part to you quickly and alleviate your pain. Sometimes, you have to just bite the bullet.

On 10/25/2021 at 8:40 AM, haumana said:

Have you turned the strip around? Not upside down, but pull it out, and put the right side on the left, and the left on the right. That's what I did for my LaserPoint to get more mileage out of the strip.

Unfortunately it' not worth flipping as it's quite damaged at the other end also. I purchased it second hand last year and it has been ok up until now.

21 hours ago, slice&dice said:

Order just one, for AU$50 -- it's a bit high, agreed, but in the grand scheme of things, will get you back into operation and making money with jobs. Better than wasting more valuable time trying to save $30 or so, that's for sure. These days, just be glad they can get the part to you quickly and alleviate your pain. Sometimes, you have to just bite the bullet.

It's only a hobby that is paying for itself so I may just bite the bullet as a last resort; retired so I'm in no hurry.

5 hours ago, Glass Blaster said:

Job done for US$5.50 using an 8mm wide strip & 6mm wide 3M double sided tape; the tape sat in the groove nicely. :) Thanks for all your help & suggestions.

Where did you end up acquiring the cutting strip?