Sign in to follow this  
Tcelli117

GRC-76s Communication Error

Hello, 

I have recently been trying to switch my plotter from my XP computer that keeps crashing to my newer Windows 10 Computer. I tried three different parallel to usb cables and failed miserably. My fourth attempt went a little better. I used an RS 232 to usb cable, assigned a port and got the cut program I'm using to recognize the Plotter. I go to cut and everything is going fine...the machine starts running as it normally does but then stops. The screen on the plotter reads 'Communication Error setup Press Function'.  Does this error mean I have to change the settings or do I need drivers or something? I thought if I was connecting via USB I wouldn't need the drivers but I have been reading so many different things on different forums so I'm really confused. If I need drivers is this completely hopeless? I read that the GRC76 drivers are only compatible with Windows 7 and lower.  :(

If anyone can help figure this out I would appreciate it so much. I'm desperate. I've been at this for two weeks and I feel like its consuming my life. Hahah. 

IMG_4094.jpg

So you get this error, what happens when you press the FUNCTION button?

If you're using a serial cable/USB to connect the cutter to your computer, is the cable a null modem cable?

What cutting software are you using?

Look for the driver for your keyspan that you're using.

• Like 1

Sorry for the late response. I finally figured it out. I needed to connect via r232/usb instead of parallel and now everything seems to be working.

• Like 2